Victory in Standoff

Dragonslayer

Spaceman
Since the Lexington design, the Concordia, the Bengal, the Tarawa are in Standoff is the Victory class going to be in it. The class is already mentioned in the information about the characters so will we be seeing that design

Probably not. To make a Ranger-class carrier, I'd just need to take the Lexington, re-scale it, and change some textures... Sure, Origin did that in WC4, but frankly, I think it's kind of a lame thing to do. :(

Yep, that's the main reason.
Also, I didn't choose the Victory because it's a light carrier. A fleet carrier is much more important, and even moreso in Fleet Action (since there's so few active fleet carriers they even mention all of them by name).

Besides, changing the Lexington's textures allows me to have all other fleet carriers in the game if I need them :D

speaking of the Lexington. I've noticed that the registration number on the hull is not correct.

TCS Lexington was commissioned as CV-36 and destroyed in the Battle of Earth. It was recommissioned as CV-44 after repairs

oh, I have my sources :D If you need any info come to radio Tolwyn. Might help you in the development of your mod.

It's definitely something I'll fix, if it's indeed wrong... is that info from the WC4 novel, or what? I don't remember reading about it anywhere.

This reminds me...

This reminds me of a conversation on AIM I had a while back with LOAF. It's been a while, but I think I remember asking him what # the Lexington was when it was mauled back at Terra. I think the end result was that we simply didn't know, it might be a different number then what was needed (especially during recommissioning vessels when they go through different numbers during their times in active duty commissioning). It's been a while and I really don't have the chat log, so I'm sure LOAF will be able to elaborate or explain it much better then I can.

That´s not so reliable :p Maybe LOAF can settle the issue... I´ll PM him and ask him to present his expert opinion.

To the best of my knowledge, there's no record of the Lexington being CV-36 before the Battle of Terra... it's possible that there's some obscure source I've never heard of that reveals this, but I wouldn't bet money on it. :) (Then again, a rare t-shirt revealed similar information about the TCS Ark Royal a year or two back... so, go figure -- if you can find your source, Tolwyn, I'd be most interested!).

As for not being CV-44 before the Battle of Terra, there's some data to suggest that this could be right -- particularly the WCIV novels claim that the "40-series CVs" (referring to the Victory and her sisters) were retired after the war. That's not *completely* conclusive, though.

you could be right. I remember reading an interview with the autor of the novel over at WC in Russia website. He claimed he possessed some kind of a WC book, which contained all info about the WC universe. I can't recall it's exact name, but one is sure: he had more information than we have.

you could be right. I remember reading an interview with the autor of the novel over at WC in Russia website. He claimed he possessed some kind of a WC book, which contained all info about the WC universe. I can't recall it's exact name, but one is sure: he had more information than we have.

Dr. Forstchen has a copy of Origin's WC2-era 'bible'... basically, a collection of character notes, background information and ship stats. I recently recieved a copy that goes up to WC4, and will hopefully have all of that online in the near future (G)

Bandit LOAF said:
Dr. Forstchen has a copy of Origin's WC2-era 'bible'... basically, a collection of character notes, background information and ship stats. I recently recieved a copy that goes up to WC4, and will hopefully have all of that online in the near future (G)

ah, ok...

I wish I could help you in any way (web design, etc)

Back