Various notes

P

Psychbender

To start, I'm using version 0.9b. Now, I pretty much have just two issues. The first issue is regarding my joystick. I have a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro USB, and everything is configured properly in Windows, and with every other game that I use the joystick with. However, when I select 3-axis joystick with throttle, my ship is in an uncontrolled roll. This roll persists for any joystick choice that features that third axis. While this is a minor detail, it's fairly annoying, as I like to be able to roll my ship by twisting the joystick.

Next issue: cargo runs (not cargo missions). I don't know if this has something to do with the Vega Strike engine, but I can't make regular cargo runs in a single system any longer. In the original Privateer, I ran cargo from Hector and Achilles to Helen until I was able to outfit my ship to where I thought I could start taking on some serious hunting/patrolling missions. I am finding this impossible with the current release, as mining bases all but stop producing metals, and agricultural planets no longer sell food. Each, however, is more than willing to sell me the cargo I previously sold it, as those numbers don't go down over time. I can understand market fluctuations, but mining bases should be able to regularly produce iron, etc in high enough quantities to sell on a regular basis, rather than having to run three or four missions before 10 units of metals are available for purchase (same goes for agricultural planets and foodstuff). This is the major issue that is preventing me from playing the game, as running cargo until I had enough money to become a decent merc was a large part of the enjoyment of the original game (not to mention, cargo runs were an easy way to build up cash after buying lots of improvements, or getting seriously damaged). Have these problems been noticed by any others and have they been fixed?

first issue: did you try Backwards Joy 3 Axis and Throttle or did you try 3 axis joystick
some joysticks have their roll axis before the third axis (i.e. yaw, pitch, throttle, roll) others have (yaw pitch roll throttle) so we give the users 2 choices

next issue: We fixed that one in our pre-release I believe... if you want to test the pre-release to your satisfaction send an e-mail or private message to us

privater *atsign gmail.com

*atsign=@

Yeah, I tried both backwards and regular 3-axis, and got the same effect.

Good to see that the cargo issue was fixed, as I'll definitely play this once released.

Disagree Strongly. It is a fantastic way to run away safely.
- Afterburner on.
- Full roll left or right.
- 1/5 to 1/2 pitch up or down.
- slight yaw left or right if you feel like it.

Do this and go to an external view to see why this makes it hard for people to shoot at you. It makes me sick to see the ship spinning.

For fun I try to put my destination on an offset part of the canopy rail and try to freeze it there while I twist in 3 dimensions. :)

Back