USB Joystick Support for Wing Commander IV

Cabal

Spaceman
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if somone could help me solve a joystick problem in Wing Commander IV? The Joystick is brand new and seems to be working, but WC wont recognize it's input.

I am using a Logitech Wingman Attack 3 joystick, and am Running the 6-CD version of WC IV under Win XP (SP 2), with the WIn 95 patch and running in Win 95 compatibility mode.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I look forward to jumping back in the cockpit.

Thanks,

Cabal

Just noticed something

Just noticed then when I go into the options screen, and select joystick, and then go back out, it doesn't save the settings.

Is the my main problem? And if it is please tell me how I can fix it.

Thanks,

Cabal

You need to click the Save Settings button on the bottom before you hit Okay for the Joystick change to take effect.

Wc4, Xp, Help!

I have WC4 (the 6 disc'er) and I am wondering if its possible to run it under XP. I used the Dosbox settings for WC3 as a template, but my joystick is not playable.

Any thoughts or ideas?

Rob

adcap said:
I have WC4 (the 6 disc'er) and I am wondering if its possible to run it under XP. I used the Dosbox settings for WC3 as a template, but my joystick is not playable.

Any thoughts or ideas?

Rob

You need the win95 patch from the CIC's files section: http://download.wcnews.com/files/wing4/wc4win95.zip

And then make sure the compatability of the wc4 executable is set to either win95 or 98. (right-click on it and choose properties)

I downloaded the patch, and voila.....its working like a champ......love the fact my wingman attack 2 is playable.........awesome! Thanks for the help....its much appreciated.

And before anyone asks......I don't need help on installing WC Prophesy....:p

Rob

Okay how about USB Joystick support for the WC4 DVD version in WinXP? I cant seem to get it to work - I hit the Save Settings button but it doesn't save. I assume it just doesnt detect the joystick at all since it keeps reverting back to "Keyboard".

Also - hitting the config joystick button does nothing. Should I try to install the Win95 Joystick patch?

EDIT: Joystick patch did zilch

Fixed the problem. Had to set the default game controller to my USB Joystick.

Nice. Be sure to use a nice sound system... The sound of WCIV DVD is as impressive as the image, just check out the senate scenes!

Back