Upgrade Problems on my Tauras

Starblazer

Spaceman
Greetings All!

First off, thank you to everyone involved in the remake, it is awsome!
I still have the original Priv/RF I played when they first came out, I didn't realise how much I missed them!
I have a question or 2......I have a Tauras and it has Reactor Lv 1 and I want to upgrade to RL2. I had the money (30k its 27k) but it still stays red. I thought that the Tauras could handle up to lvl 3. I went to the shields and it says that I could get a lvl 2 shield (had lvl 1) so I got lvl 2 shield (I have noticed that it will let me buy the lvl 2 shield without having to sell the lvl 1 shield, is it suppose to do that?). Now, in the original game (if my aged memory still serves) you could not get a shield the same or above the engine rating or it would not work real well (has this been fixed?)

Will getting a lvl 2 shield bog down my systems and can I get a higher reactor that lvl 1?
Also, I noticed (and was a little miffed by) that after buying a cargo upgrade, went into battle, got back to Helen, noticed that the upgrade seemed to be damaged, repaired it, it showed up a resellable, but when I went to buy stuff it still registered as only having 100 insted of 150. I exited the game and went back but it was still the same. A bug? I sold it and will get another one later.

I wanted to get a reactor upgrade in order to get a better gun so that the energy draw from a bigger gun would not bog down my systems so I would not get only one or two shots before recharge. Also, to get a shield upgrade after reactor one to avoid that problem too.

Um...one last thing....where do I get the turret patch?
UM....Um....sorry, one more last thing....;>

How do I get the RF part or is it on the end of the 1.0? Do the ship I end with carry over or do I start with a somewhat upgraded Tauras ala the original?

Any help would be greatly appreciated and again, thank you all for your amazing skills!!

Starblazer
"Your about to suck void, buddy!"

RF at the end of the campaign
for tarsus...max reactor level 1, max shield level 2... if you get max upgrades you suck unless you drain your shields to get more power with s or shift-S

I'm not sure about the cargo expansion--we should double check that one--it keeps getting broken somehow

The cargo exp gets broken unless you make sure that the template only has EXACTLY (original cargo capacity + integer * cargo expansion available) space. What I want to do is make available a 25u cargo expansion (for the Orion) and a 1u cargo expansion you can get at pirate bases to get that extra 5~6 units (this should offset the loss of the secret compartment a bit). If a 1u cargo expansion is THEORETICALLY available (doesn't have to be buyable) VS seems a lot happier. :)

Thanks for the replies...

Thank you people for the information, I think I might be better off going back to the lvl 1 shield and upgrading my weapons.

By the way....is there a link or place I can go to to get the turret patch?

Thanks in advance.

Starblazer

What turret patch? There was one for 0.9 since the changes to turrets were made after 0.9. All those changes are already a part of the 1.0 prereleases however.

As in the original, it is never advisable to have a higher level shield than reactor. Unfortunately the Tarsus does not accept higher level reactors, so practically you are stuck with level one shields. You can still use level 2 if you wish, just use s or shift s to cut shield thickness and drain if you ever wish to shoot :)

Back