Upgrade Availability and Central File Locations?

addams013

Spaceman
Just some quick questions:

Is there some way to figure out what ship upgrades are offered where and when? I saw, for example, a "Repair Ai Advanced" system for 240,000.03 credits once when I landed on Oxford. When I came back with enough money to add it, it was gone, and hasn't been back since (I've tried re-landing there a few times). I realize I could add it to my Centurion by using the contents of the units.csv file, but I'd rather get it legitimately (pay for it) if possible. :)

Second, has anyone created a central file repository for the random file upgrades, new animations, new textures, and the like that I've been seeing around here? Or do I have to go fishing for them one by one? I think people coming to the forum in the future might be really interested in knowing where dray_turrets.zip is and how to install it, for example.

Thanks for your attention. I hope I didn't take you away from this incredible game for too long! :)

warlock said:
you might be more likely to find advanced ship gear at a more military location...

Right. I got a whole lot of stuff at Perry already. My Centurion has four tachyon guns, for example. I haven't seen the "Repair Ai Advanced" anywhere except for that one Oxford landing, though, and am wondering if there's anything else that I'm missing. :)

as far as i know, there's no piece of gear that you can only buy at one place save the tachyon guns.

everything else can be got multiple places, just a matter of if they have it in stock.

I've only seen the "Repair AI" for sale at Oxford. It's not always available, you might want to try coming back later.

andete said:
I've only seen the "Repair AI" for sale at Oxford. It's not always available, you might want to try coming back later.

I figured as much... I thought it might be random, but if there was any kind of schedule, I figured people here ought to know. :)

That said, is there a central file repository for new game files/tweaks?

I've never seen a Cloaking Device anywhere but Perry, and Autotracking is rare anywhere other than Perry, New Constantinople, or New Detroit, but available. Advanced Repair AI? Never seen that at all. I've seen Advanced Repair Droid, and Repair System Advanced, but that's it...and those aren't that uncommon. Try New Detroit.

I've seen the Repair AI only at Oxford, and only a couple of times. I've found autotracking at Perry, N. Detroit, and N. Constaninople, and tachyons only at Perry. Never seen a cloak at Perry,

How do you know how many autotracking devices you have installed? I bought two and can't find them listed anywhere. Would more autotracking devices help me at all?

Look at the ship's stats screen. It'll list mounts and their capabilities, like 'light medium heavy'. Mounts with autotrackers installed would show 'light medium heavy autotracking'.
And if you can afford it, the more the merrier. :) I think you can only have one autotracker per mount, though.

catattack said:
Would more autotracking devices help me at all?
The fact that you are asking this strongly implies that you are not using them properly :)

Autotracking gives a weapon mount (whatever weapon mount for which the autotracking is purchased) the ability to pivot within a limited cone so that it points at your target's ITTS diamond intead of along your ship's boresight. I'm guessing you have not bought autotracking for any of your gun mounts, or you would immediately notice their effect.

Back