Uniforms

I always liked the idea of ejecting in the old games in what looks like a pair of jeans and a leather jacket... Yummy... ;)

Originally posted by gryphon
By the way, does anyone know exactly what those "Backpacks" were that everybody wore on their flight suits in WC2? They seem to have been forgotten in the FMV games, and I doubt they were parachutes...

Oh, and, where can I get a baseball cap like Sparks? ;)

When you watch WCATV you see that they wear something similar on the front of their flight suit. Could be a bunch of things, life support or data recorder or just the key that allows them to fly the fighters. Im not sure.

The real question is whether anyone in WC uses the bathroom. Or have they evolved beyond that too? ;)

I remember a seven day trip in a Sabre that Kevin and Geoffrey Tolwyn really regreted not having a bathroom to use.

Just for once I would like to pull up WC1 on my PC, play a few missions, sit down in the bar, click on Captain Devereauxk and have her say:

"I am sorry, mon ami, but there is a 34% chance I may pee in my pants if I stay and chat... Angel's had one too many Heinies..."

Why don't they have some sort of pouch for collecting waste like in Space: Above and Beyond. Sounds fairly reasonable, even by today's standards?

Or even like a Fremen Stilsuit?

I'm wearing one of those Wing Commander Movie Tiger's Claw hats *right now*. Well, I was a minute ago, I took it off when I got to work... but I digress!

There's definately some sort of waste system in the flight suits, given Geof & Kevin's flight back to the Landreich...

As for Angel and drinking, Freedom Flight says she prefers soda <G>

What a fucking prude...

Anyway, that's what I thought of her as in WC2.

No offence to anyone who liked her. I guess she just wasn't my type. Then again, theres nothing wrong with sleeping your way up the ladder :)

Prude? To quote an Aussie tv ad, if you drink and drive, you're a bloody idiot :). Mind you, one glass or so wouldn't affect your performance by more than a tiny bit... but heck, it's Angel we're talking about ;).

[Edited by Quarto on 05-17-2001 at 11:18]

Here's a good question... Why do all SF Navy uniforms (except WC, of course, or at least some of them) have that weird "flap" design, with no buttons in the front, just a triangular flap going from one shoulder to the other? In Star Wars, Star Trek (the good old red uniform), Even WCIV... Is there some sort of wardrobe convention going on?!

Maybe the Russians should switch to these uniforms...

I love the sight of a dusty old Soviet general with ten rows of ribbons on both sides *lol*

Not so long ago I saw a picture of some Russian volunteer women's brigade having a reunion...even they were pinned full of medals!

Sometimes I think that in the Red Army there was a medal for putting the toilet ring down...

Even my Grandfather got a medal from the Red Army! And he was never a member! And I'm not Russian!

I find it funny that Stalin was loaded with 'Hero of the Soviet Union' medals.

Could Tolwyn be loaded with Pewter Planets perhaps?

Yeah, I'd love to be on the Confed medal comission...

Reading recommendation... "Recommend LT Vance Richards for a"... Vance richards? never heard of him... I think I could use a silver star *erase erase*

Originally posted by redwolf
I find it funny that Stalin was loaded with 'Hero of the Soviet Union' medals.

your chances of getting medals increase if your the one giving them out.

i recognise one of those names as being WC characters.
awarding yourself medals is somting that happens in real life. WC is not real life, its escapeism from the meatgrinder we call the real world.

Back