Uniform

Border Worlds, Confed it would not make a difference as long it looks good, but then dont all military outfit look decent!?!?

I think it does not matter about the flight suit as long it has the right colours, the badges, name tag and other bits and pieces it should be fine. Some of my mates in Adelaide, Australia are getting their own red t-shirts down with the TCS 'Ships name' on.
I am looking at maybe between the WC3 or WCP suits, cant decide just as yet.

And why not?
Pilots from WC3 and WCP wore those red t-shirts with the designated ships name I dont see why I should wear one?
Unless one is a Star Trek fan who religious avoid wearing red...ooops that the original series only.....

TheRedDuke said:
I really like the dress unis from WC1, and it doesn't seem like it would be that hard to make one. Just track down something similar from military surplus, affix your Golden Sun medal, and away you go!

It you want total accuracy (mostly with the jacket), it actually kind of is. A while back LOAF and I went looking for them on the interweb and couldn't find anything exact.

So far it seems taht everyone wants a flight suit.
I think the dress uniform and other stuff is the lesser of the interests I suppose

Dahan said:
So far it seems taht everyone wants a flight suit.
I think the dress uniform and other stuff is the lesser of the interests I suppose

Flight suits are more representative of the primary player characters, the pilots.

Dahan said:
And why not?
Pilots from WC3 and WCP wore those red t-shirts with the designated ships name I dont see why I should wear one?

They were actually silver/blue in WC3 rather than black/red.

Iceman16 said:
they might still be using the flight suits they used in wc4 since they dont have a lot of money like confed to go around redoing flight suits every few years.

Raw clothing is durable, but it wears out after a few years of heavy use. And when you replace it, it's one of your cheapest material costs. They probably do what ChrisReid does, and just buy surplus flight suits (from the US/Confed) and switch out the patches.

I'm going to use my Print T-Shirt program to make a T-Shirt (Plain Black) with this in the centre, or on the left Breast

Attachments

• Space Forces01.jpg
    Space Forces01.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 114
Bob McDob said:
It you want total accuracy (mostly with the jacket), it actually kind of is. A while back LOAF and I went looking for them on the interweb and couldn't find anything exact.

Yeah, after making the post, I decided to snoop around on various Army/Navy surplus sites, eBay, etc. and couldn't really find anything. Sure, you could find something that's passable for Halloween, but not for DragonCon...

Edit: TopGun, that's an awesome idea. I love stuff that makes a subtle reference to the series. Take the Eisen hats, for example. It doesn't have "WING COMMANDER!" written all over it, just the name of the ship. Most people who have seen my hat and commented on it think it's a submarine or something, but some random guy in Gamestop a month ago asked me if it was Wing Commander. It sure gave me that warm feeling inside.

TheRedDuke said:
Edit: TopGun, that's an awesome idea. I love stuff that makes a subtle reference to the series. Take the Eisen hats, for example. It doesn't have "WING COMMANDER!" written all over it, just the name of the ship. Most people who have seen my hat and commented on it think it's a submarine or something, but some random guy in Gamestop a month ago asked me if it was Wing Commander. It sure gave me that warm feeling inside.

That's definitely very cool. That's a design consideration that occured to us initially. Finding people who recognize your hat just from what's written on it is a very special thing.

ChrisReid said:
Finding people who recognize your hat just from what's written on it is a very special thing.

That's very cool indeed.

If I do come to Dragon*Con, this year I'll bring the T-Shirt with me

I'll maybe get a eisen hat.
I wish I had a flightsuit. but I'd have nowhere to wear it. And the missus would probably veto the purchase :p

Flightsuits aren't hard to find...army surplus stores have a lot of them. Finding one that matches the WC design and then modifying it is the hard part. I tried looking for the equivalent WC 1 dress uniform not too long ago...I found it but it'd be expensive. Totaled like $250 or so.

TopGun said:
I'm going to use my Print T-Shirt program to make a T-Shirt (Plain Black) with this in the centre, or on the left Breast

This shirt exists - WC3 Premiere Edition comes with a black t-shirt with the combined forces logo on the left breast.

Personally I'd be very excited about getting my hands on one of the light duty WCP sets, if they are what I think they are (can't seem to find a pic) then its much like the clothes I usually wear. Having made a name for myself in my department not only for my work but my ability to incorporate Wing Commander into it somehow (I managed to work in images, FMV and numerous references, as well as making WCIV my case study for my final year project report) I would have an absolute blast seeing who actually recognised the outfit as being from the games.
If only there were a chance of getting it before the exams. Prices don't seem unreasonable, any news on the likely range of the price for these simpler complete outfits/ dates they'll become available?

Bandit LOAF said:
This shirt exists - WC3 Premiere Edition comes with a black t-shirt with the combined forces logo on the left breast.

Cool, still dosen't stop me from making one though, I may add something to the back aswell

Back