Uniform

Dahan

Rear Admiral
Okely Dokely
Even since I started looking at the wcnews.com website there is the occasional photos of guys wearing the pilots jumpsuits.
I was wondering how does one get one, the only catch for me is that I am all the way from Australia whereas a majority of the the people are in the United States.
Can anyone give me some ideas how I could obtain one??

There's a neat webshop solution: https://www.wcnews.com/merchandise.php

Flightsuits are something of a "make-to-order" items if I understand it right, but you can start your outfit with a TCS Eisen baseball cap or a polo shirt, which might be better considering the weather down under...

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, we hope to have actual flight suit production ready for the summer and new DragonCon attendees. We're also planning on an alternate light duty suit that is a lot simpler. It'll pretty much be the Eisen shirt and hat combined with generic blue pants and a blue jacket featuring Confed patches.

WC1 should be pretty easy. Jeans, boots, bomber jackets and a BMX bike helmet...
WC2 should be the most difficult... the blinking tech box on the shoulders is probably hard to make. and the jacket is weird too...

3, 4 and 5 shoudl be moderately complicated. a big tan jumpsuit. The helmet is thew complicated part.

I really like the dress unis from WC1, and it doesn't seem like it would be that hard to make one. Just track down something similar from military surplus, affix your Golden Sun medal, and away you go!

Actually WC1 uniform (not flight suit) is pretty much a standard WW2 era officer uniform. The classic "Ike" style dark brown jacket with tan slacks and tan shirt.

Couple quick questions about the flight uniforms. These are just things that I've always meant to ask and never got around to it

1.) Is there an "offical" squardon for the CIC - much in the same way we have an "offical" carrier? (If so, patches?)

2.) Any particular reason why the WCP Flight Uniforms were chosen? Im thinking because of their simplicity compared to - say - the WC4 officer's uniforms.

3.) Is there any particular reason why we've never used tour of duty ribbons on the uniforms?

LeHah said:
1.) Is there an "offical" squardon for the CIC - much in the same way we have an "offical" carrier? (If so, patches?)

2.) Any particular reason why the WCP Flight Uniforms were chosen? Im thinking because of their simplicity compared to - say - the WC4 officer's uniforms.

3.) Is there any particular reason why we've never used tour of duty ribbons on the uniforms?

We don't have uniforms for ribbons, we have flight suits. Tour of duty ribbons are also a lot more complicated than the measures we currently take to make flight suits. WCP Flight Suits were chosen because they were the "modern" thing when we started making them. In the last main WC games that were made, they were the primary thing people would have worn. They're also a lot easier than some other designs. The Confed patches on the shoulders are hard enough to get made, getting a bunch of rank insignia, flight wings, tour of duty stuff and so on would add another layer of complexity. Don't think there's a Squadron.

looks nice

OK so far going to the shop site and get an order huh?
OK The only other question does it have to be the TCS Eisen??
Like I can go get a red t-shirt here in Australia and get a different name done.
The only thing that interest me has been the flight/jump suit and would like to grab one.

Dahan said:
OK so far going to the shop site and get an order huh?
OK The only other question does it have to be the TCS Eisen??
Like I can go get a red t-shirt here in Australia and get a different name done.
The only thing that interest me has been the flight/jump suit and would like to grab one.

TCS Eisen is the only redshirt available. You can always buy a generic red t-shirt and iron-on inkjet patches (It just won't look as nice or last as long).

The whole philosophy behind the merchandise is to keep it simple! The market for this stuff is highly specialized and it simply costs too much to have a large and varied inventory.

Everything we order needs to be manufactured by the dozens, or in some cases, the hundreds to keep the costs down. Custom 'one-off' silkscreened T-shirts Cost around $100 because of the large setup costs.

You can also get A Print prgroam for PCs, like Super Print Studio - T-Shirts. Where you can design your own T-Shirt Designs. Or you could go to a Print Shop and place an order for a custom T-Shirt

they might still be using the flight suits they used in wc4 since they dont have a lot of money like confed to go around redoing flight suits every few years.

TurboTim07 said:
would border worlds flight suits look similar at the time period of prophecy?

Here.

Attachments

• Flightsuit.jpg
    Flightsuit.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 233
Well I can get myself those Red T-shirts made, but it wouldn't be the TCS Eisen, it would be one of the other famous carriers or my ship I created
the jumpsuit would be hard to do,
I have checked the websites and found nothing yet
But I have a friend in the RAAF who might get an old flight suit for me and I could modify it
I dont know I will see how it turns out

Back