Unemployed CICers

Dragonslayer

Spaceman
Hey is anybody here on the CIC currently not working because I am unemployed so far this summer and its driving me nuts. Damn temp agency moves too slow and the NYC job market is quite bad for college kids.

I'm unemployed, but I run my own graphic design business. It gives me a bit of cash now and then, but nothing to live off :(

Im a student of Fordham for most of the year but I need cash during the summer. The only thing im doing thats giving me some money is sanding and finishing my massive brownstone front door and some painting for my parents. Im hoping the temp people can get me something soon. Need money for planned senior year trips to Vegas and for spring break.

My sig other is unemployed (Has been since August of last year). Job market SUCKS right now, unless you want to flip burgers. And even those places are not hiring. Thankfully he's got a temp job for now, but he still can't find anything full time.

We're looking for truck drivers. Myself and two other guys started a truck company in Jan. We're getting our authority and are going to expand very soon. :D

Unemployed in 10 more days (Contract's Up). Meh, such is life. I've got a few freelance photo things going though... Meh.

I work nights as a cashier at a grocery store, and soon I'll be getting a job as a bank teller. There are a few places in my area hiring, although Circuit City is the only one I'm interested in.

Ripper said:
We're looking for truck drivers. Myself and two other guys started a truck company in Jan. We're getting our authority and are going to expand very soon. :D

Do you happen to be anywhere near CA? I used to haul freight for Con-Way Western.

Ripper said:

What about dock workers?

I've noticed that people who do landscaping and construcion, etc., they go beyond being tanned. Like, they're purple.

I was a full time student at University till I took a leave of absence to rethink careers and earn a little money with my casual job. However the casual job I have (working in a bunch of warehouses near the docks of my home city, playing with fork lifts etc) is not very kind to casual work lately and I'm finding it harder to get shifts every week.

There may be a hint in there that they're trying to tell you. Of course, that kind of crap is highly annoying.

And Loaf, that's just... cold. Yes, yes, bad pun.

Moonsword said:
There may be a hint in there that they're trying to tell you. Of course, that kind of crap is highly annoying.

Nah it's not what you're thinking hehe. The casuals (me) were getting payed $20 (AUS) an hour to work on weekends. The full timers complained that they wanted more money (because they get worse pay during the week) so the full timers are hogging all the weekend shifts. The guys in charge aren't smart enough to rotate shifts to the casual workers like me and a couple other guys.

Back