Unable to Install WC5 on Win XP Pro SP2

Backler

Spaceman
I have an AMD 3200 - 1 gig memory - built in sound card on asus mb with FX5600 video card. My hd is a 200 gig hd.

When I try to install WC5 it asks me for Disk1. I insert the disk.

When I press okay the install popup box goes white and I get a windows
(not responding) error.

Is it possible to get WC5 to install and run on Windows XP Pro with SP2.

What steps have worked for others.

Thanks,

Backler said:
I have an AMD 3200 - 1 gig memory - built in sound card on asus mb with FX5600 video card. My hd is a 200 gig hd.

When I try to install WC5 it asks me for Disk1. I insert the disk.

When I press okay the install popup box goes white and I get a windows
(not responding) error.

Is it possible to get WC5 to install and run on Windows XP Pro with SP2.

What steps have worked for others.

Thanks,

I've also got it installed with no problems. Perhapes your disk 1 is damaged. You should probably check it for sctraches or currupt files.
For myself, I just go through the insallation fine and have no problems with XP SP2 which is why im guessing its your disk(s).

Amd

From my 15+ years experience in IT/gaming I have heard of more problems with these AMD chips than anything else. I knwo the numbers look good on paper and you seem to get more for your buck but I am a big believer in using Intel Pentium processors (avoid the celerons).

I dont believe it is the AMD processor. I have the exact same processor and mine WCP runs fine on my computer. I would have to agree with IPhoenixI that your disk may be damaged.

Could not say anything bad about any AMD chip since the K6-2. The problems usually originate from other stuff like soundcards, graphic cards, power unit (!) ...

Back