Unable to accept missions...

David_Myers

Spaceman
First of all, let me just say "wow!" Lots of improvements in 1.0 pre.
My problem is that I am unable to accept missions. Lets say, for instance, that I go into the merchants guils. The "Accept' and "Reject" icons stay in place, and never leave. It does let me get to the computor, but then no missions ever come up. In the bar, the fixer will offer missions, but then, even though I click on accept, nothing happens.

Unless I already have one. In that case, the response is, "Yada yada already have one yada."

Anything in particular to fix this?

Thanks in advance.

David Myers

try checking the mission computer and see if you already have active missions--you can abort these to accept new ones

if that doens't fix it, please send us your savegame
privater *atsign gmail.com

*atsign = @

that would help a ton!

for guild missions, they don't appear as "active missions" until you launch...
then you should get directions for where to go

there's a slim chance you accepted a mission to transport starships--which would be silly to accept in anything less than a drayman...

before you launch you can't accept fixer missions (they have to be the only mission) but after you launch you will see your mission appearring in the objective computer.

Note the base that you landed on doesn't have a merch guild.

Problem solved

Thanks so much for your help. I sent a copy of the saved game, and have already heard from the programming team! Wow.

That being said, however, I must confess to having solved the problem on my own. It was a human error, of the "stupid" variety. My cursor is off (pretty badly) and all I needed to do was aim a couple of inches below the "Accept" icon.

Sorry for the tempest in the tornado.

I LOVE how the game seems to have improved. More of the keys work than before, Pause for instance, and I seem to be able to win some dogfights!

Keep up the great work, and thanks again. Kudos to you, Hellcatv, you have always responded quickly, and more importantly, respectfully and politely.

Rev. Dr. David MYers

Hey I always love hearing kind words from a fan :)

Now it's up to you to play through the campaign and enjoy everything that 1.0 has to offer!
Go get 'em tiger :)

Back