Ultra-lethal missiles in WC4?

Crowley

Rear Admiral
I'm not sure whether this should go to general or tech support since I'm not sure whether this is a gameplay issue or a bug. Anyway, I recently started playing Wing Commander IV under Win95 on my 1333 MHz system, and it plays fine except for one thing: missiles always kill me with a single hit, even if I have full shields! Is it supposed to be like this, or have I encountered some weird bug?

My self-esteem hasn't let me try Rookie so far, but at least a Hellcat on Veteran level gets blasted with one hit.

Missiles in WC4 do seem to be more lethal than the WC3 ones. If you are flying anything except a Longbow, Dragon, or Avenger, then any missile heavier than a Friend or Foe results in an instant kill. Even Friend or Foe missiles are an instant kill if they hit an Arrow, Banshee, or Razor.

Originally posted by Crowley
My self-esteem hasn't let me try Rookie so far, but at least a Hellcat on Veteran level gets blasted with one hit.

You should try a Longbow in the Rookie level just to check if it´s a bug or not. Getting your crappy Hellcat dusted with one missile is normal. Use your decoys.

There's that little button between the 'w', 's', 'd' 'r' 'f' and underneath the '3' and '4' known as 'E'.

Read: Press E to release missile decoys!

If you are out of missle decoys, hit the afterburners, manuer and pray......

Wow. Is that really necessary? I know that some pilots may be compelled to spread some of their own manure in a similar situation, but does it really help?

Well..... If you are about to release a decoy Starcey you must not manuer a lot! or the Decoy will never find the missle but the missle will find you! If its from behind (heat seeker) just fly straight and release the decoy without maneuring....

Tiger's Claw, you know in the english language we have a letter called "v". :D

Try : maneuver

P.S. If you don't get it, WildWeasel is teasing you because you spelled it very close to manure, which is primarily cow turds.

Back