TV From GL....

I hope this is some large hoax, because if the world cancels enterprise and then there's this show, I will lose faith in the world. However, if it makes it to TV I wonder if Star Wars fans will self destruct in anger the way Star Trek nerds did. I personally want a front row seat to that.

-Rance-

No Hoax, other interviews with Lucas point to the same thing; two shows, one animated and one live-action.

Personally, I think it could be very good; Lucas' track record with films he wrote then stepped away from is pretty decent; Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi.

I think that has to do with directors kind of understanding his style and following it.
I don't know if that style of intense effects and character power can be played out in a weekly series.

-Rance-

Blackfaer said:
No Hoax, other interviews with Lucas point to the same thing; two shows, one animated and one live-action.

Personally, I think it could be very good; Lucas' track record with films he wrote then stepped away from is pretty decent; Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi.

Its been said a few times but theres no guarantee. Lucas is famous for being undecided or inconsistent. He has said before that he wanted to make Episodes 7,8, and 9, he has gone back and forth on that topic several times. So in a few years he might decided not to make another series.

As a SW fan, I would be interested to see how he does the show anyways. He would have to focus the series on a new set of characters, unless the show is going to be completely CG. Otherwise SW would fall into the pit of series' that use multiple actors for the same role. The article states that it will take place between ROTS and ANH, so I think it will be nice to see in greater depth the transition in technology that we have already seen some of in the prequels. Unfortunately I look forward to any SW product so my opinion is somewhat biased.

Well there have been Animated Series' before, and I'm not talking about Clone Wars

as for Live-Action, the closest thing to it we've had were the 2 Ewok Movies

TopGun said:
Well there have been Animated Series' before, and I'm not talking about Clone Wars

as for Live-Action, the closest thing to it we've had were the 2 Ewok Movies

No, please don't let this new show have ewoks :(

-Rance-

I didn't say that it would be Ewoks

The new show will most probably have the early years of the Empire. maybe even a young Han Solo (he was an Imperial Cadet, until he saved Chewie from Slavery)

Back