TThe last FMV

criticalmass

Vice Admiral
One of the most often heard statements in connection with full motion video games is normally: "FMV? Cool idea, but the actors sucked most of the time."

And I agree; but I keep a certain sense of reverence nonetheless. All the money for building props, setting up equipment and lighting, sound production and F/X, and not to forget getting actors drunk enough to participate :D - truly awe-inspiring, if not awesome.

But I'm wondering for a long time now:
Which FMV game was actually the last one?
Was there anything after WCP in 1997?

Not that I want to start a collection. I'm not that desperate yet. :p

Did anyone ever play Mission Critical with Michael Dorn? The game came out in 1995 and I still consider it the best FMV game.

C&C Generals Zero Hour had a small amount of live actor footage between missions.

There was some futuristic submaine fighting game in 2002 with FMV sequences. It was called Deep Fighter or something.

Especially in C&C Red Alert, when Tanya would lean over the table, showing off her goods to the camera.

Well, FMV in MC2 amounted to some very small movies with practically no sets behind it... It was nice enough, though.

Someone should make a game called "The Last FMV Game" and have only CGI cutscenes :)

PeteyG said:
Especially in C&C Red Alert, when Tanya would lean over the table, showing off her goods to the camera.

and of course dont forget red alert 2 when shes wearing a dress at the end. and in yuris revenge the EVA girl is wearing a better dress which she looks pretty good in.

The actress who plays Tanya looks quite good. Specially for Game-FMV standards. IMDB seems to indicate she has a role on a movie where she's very, very naked.

Uh-oh, naughty naughty. Guys, behave and keep the hormones down - I was just asking who did the last FMV game, nothing said about low neckline and implants *cough*.

BTW - Myst keeps knitting in FMV in its latest, er, installment. And I thought FMV was dead. Heck, no...

Edfilho said:
Well, FMV in MC2 amounted to some very small movies with practically no sets behind it... It was nice enough, though.

Someone should make a game called "The Last FMV Game" and have only CGI cutscenes :)

For me, the worst (And I mean, the worst) FMV I've had to see in a game was from a DOS game, Skynet. An old Terminator FPS. Pretty good and very inventive of it's time. But that dang FMV stuff just made me wanna gag.

Hmm... about T3: Redemption? It has some cool CGI scenes in my knowledge.

Haven't tried it though... might get it for my X-Box ;-)

Honestly, no game beats Wing3 and 4's quality in movie making. Had only flight sim could be upgraded to current standards

Delance said:
The actress who plays Tanya looks quite good. Specially for Game-FMV standards. IMDB seems to indicate she has a role on a movie where she's very, very naked.

Actually the girl who plays Lt Zophia on the Soviets side was in some adult videos, from what Ive read on her profile on yahoo movies.

Delance said:

Isn't she the cohost chick from the old MTV gameshow "Remote Control"? Anyway, forget about her. The blonde from Tiberian Sun is much hotter.

Back