Tolwyn...like Bush?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Delance
People have compared Bush with Palpatine, now with Tolwyn. Next perhaps there could be the Tolwyn/Palpatine thread. Blair would be Luke, of course. Who's Darth Vader? Seether? Seether as Luke's father? Oh, how weird.

"Fight well, colonel, I hunger for a true challenge"
"I am your father"

"Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!"

Hmmm...then Paladin would be Obi-wan Kenobi I think. WC3 had lots of parallels with Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope. The Behemoth is basically the Death Star--a top-secret government superweapon designed to destroy entire inhabited planets. The T-bomb run on Kilrah is like Luke's attack on the Death Star, right down to having to launch the torpedo at EXACTLY the right spot. I always imagine Paladin's voice in that shot, saying "Use the Force, Blair!"

Originally posted by Ijuin
WC3 had lots of parallels with Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope. The Behemoth is basically the Death Star--a top-secret government superweapon designed to destroy entire inhabited planets.
There certainly was a lot of parallels, but this wasn't one of them :). I mean, if the Behemoth corresponded to the Death Star, then it would have been a Kilrathi ship, and Blair would have destroyed it (probably by flying inside the gun barrel). In this particular case, Kilrah was the Death Star, even though it had no planet-destroying capabilities.

Originally posted by Aries
arab males have a greater chance of commiting a terrorist act than a non-arab male.

And, white males between the ages of 20 and 50 are more likely to be serial killers than non-white males.

Racial profiling wouldn't have saved the lives of over a hundred-fifty people in Oklahoma City.

About the reporter-whether or not she claimed t be closer, if she misrepresented herself in any way it's misconduct. You don't do that.

Originally posted by Quarto
There certainly was a lot of parallels, but this wasn't one of them :). I mean, if the Behemoth corresponded to the Death Star, then it would have been a Kilrathi ship, and Blair would have destroyed it (probably by flying inside the gun barrel). In this particular case, Kilrah was the Death Star, even though it had no planet-destroying capabilities.

Actually, the Death Star is a planet-killer. So is the Behemoth, or the T-Bomb.

Blowing up Kilrah is mass murder, unless every single Kilrathi there was 3v1l. Sure, it's a last ditch attempt to avoid obliteration, so it's justified. It wasn't done for terror, just for survival. Given mankind's state of mind and the "be or be killed" situation, it just had to be done to avoid a similar fate.

Yes, the Behomoth is a planet-killer, but the point is, it's a friendly planet-killer. Thus, it does not really correspond to the Death Star.

Originally posted by Delance
Other people wrote Tolwyn on WC2, SWC, WC3, WC4, WCA. Forstchen didn't invent Tolwyn.

Not only did he write/ghost write the majority of the novels, he was told where he could go with the character by Roberts.

Originally posted by Aries
you're right. he didn't invent Tolwyn. his just happen to be the best.

You are very correct.

Tolwyn was at his best with Forstchen. He was not nearly as good, or heroic, on the games. He's a gray character, and sometimes a real jerk on WC2 and WC3. And he is who he is on WC4. On the cartoon, he retain the “gray” factor, as it can be seen on the final episodes.

But on the novels, you see Tolwyn at his best. Tolwyn, the hero, is more a product of the novels. This is of no surprise, because the games are about Blair, while lots of novels have a different focus, what is very good for the WCU. You even have Tolwyn as a protagonist, and then there's a lot of info on his persona, and because of this so many people like him. I don't think he would have as many fans for the games alone.

Also take a look at te the tone of the novels that Forstchen was involved in and its relation with his political views.

Agreed, Delance. Tolwyn was simply meant as a foil in the game but Forstchen made him human.

how is the behemoth a friendly planet killer :-/

oh and re: arab males being more likely to be terrorists than non arab males, that depends on whose side your on :) people fight for their cause, most arabs happen to have a conflicting cause to us i.e. islam

Originally posted by Madman
people fight for their cause, most arabs happen to have a conflicting cause to us i.e. islam
Right, because we all know how Islam, the religion that explicitly forbids killing civilians, insists upon the good treatment of prisoners, and in fact forbids warfare except when attacked, gives its followers a reason to attack America.

...Except it doesn't. The fact, which the media insist on ignoring for some reason, is that people like Osama Bin Laden are no more representative of Muslims than the Ku Klux Klan is of Christians.

Very true. How many Christians are murderers. considering that killing is one of the deadly sins? How many jews are child rapists? How many Mormons want to bring down the government? How many Islams carry out terrorist acts in their warped or directly opposing view of Allah? Fact is, people's religion, to Phillip, does not matter. To Phillip, it's similar to racism. Who gives a rusty you know what about what race or religion you are? It's your actions and what you choose that matters.

Originally posted by Quarto
...Except it doesn't. The fact, which the media insist on ignoring for some reason, is that people like Osama Bin Laden are no more representative of Muslims than the Ku Klux Klan is of Christians.

What? And get their facts right for a change? I'd be interested in whether general treatment of Muslims in the US is observibly worse now. I remember during the sept events the last thing anybody said was that terrorist actions were not condoned by the majority of the world's Muslim community.

Phillip, how about develop some split personalities and refer to yourselves in plural?

just to clarify quarto i wasnt saying that islam is the reason we fight, but that islam is the reason they GIVE for war, and the reason the general public foolishly accept as reason for war

Originally posted by Madman
just to clarify quarto i wasnt saying that islam is the reason we fight, but that islam is the reason they GIVE for war, and the reason the general public foolishly accept as reason for war
Ok, but that "clarification" seems to completely invalidate your last post, where you implied that Arabs need to be watched carefully because of Islam...

hehe, i thought u mite have gotten the wrong end of the stick from ur first reply :)

i was merely saying that its only according to US that arab males are more likely to be terrorists because theyre the enemy lol (the terrorists) to the arabs who support them, theyre the good guys and were the terrorist dictators :D

re the conflicting cause to us, the terrorists use islam as a reason, it isnt but they use it, theyre the enemy because they conflict in interests with us, they claim that interest is islam vs christianity, but actually its just hatred of us for one reason or another

Here's a link:
http://www.grahamhancock.com/phorum/read.php?f=2&i=36745&t=36745

Bush, Tolwyn, Hitler parallels

1) Tolwyn called the clash between the Border Worlds & Confed a war -- remember when Dekker captured Tolwyn and Tolwyn told Blair "we're at war".

3) Tolwyn created the Black Lance personnel organization.

4) Tolwyn wanted to use the military against Confed's citizens. Without a doubt, Tolwyn would've used the DRT against Confed civillians.

5) It's likely Tolwyn would've liked to have become a dictator. He prefers that people carry out orders "without question". This was talked about in WCIV.
6) Most likely Tolwyn would've persuaded the Senate to declare martial law.

7) Tolwyn basically shares Nazi beliefs -- he was pro-GE of the human race, he dressed the Black Lance like the Nazis, he believed in killing his enemies rather than taking them prisoner -- remember the WCATV series episode when Ragitagah Kilrathi tells Blair he wants to defect, but Tolwyn tells Blair to kill off the Kilrathi and the carrier.

8) Tolwyn is a fascist. He is obsessed with conquest as he outlined in his speech he gave to the Black Lance at the Axius base. He prefers law and order and control (remember the "Dance around him" part in WCIV)

This thread is eleven months old. If you were going to be stupid, you should have done it in January.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back