this game, WC Saga, and the truth

Manic said:
This is a great idea. You guys should make it SOP whenever you ban someone, as some folks (myself included) tend to compulsively search through a banned person's recent posts, to find the reason for banishment... and sometimes, it isn't all that clear.
If you know the rules and read the post carefully you should be able to see why the person got banned.

There are a few instances where the banishment makes no sense, whatsoever. Sometimes too extreme, sometimes it doesn't appear to be a violation at all. Being able to determine which post was the violation would help some of us understand better. (Not to mention, call a moderator out if they've gone ban-happy)

"call a moderator out if they've gone ban-happy" is an argument for not getting into details.

Manic said:
There are a few instances where the banishment makes no sense, whatsoever. Sometimes too extreme, sometimes it doesn't appear to be a violation at all. Being able to determine which post was the violation would help some of us understand better. (Not to mention, call a moderator out if they've gone ban-happy)

If you want to gossip about people who have been banned, go somewhere else -- it's none of your business here.

I don't think Manic meant what he said in the context of gossiping about people who've been banned. I think he meant it more in terms of being able to understand in context how the rules work. There is some merit to this idea and it could be helpful to those who aren't very good at putting rules into perspective.

edit: nevermind, missed Manic's bit about "ban-happy." I retract my statement.

At the same time, we, as crius.net forumgoers really do need to hold ourselves to higher standards then the net trash that populates sites like gamefaqs, etc. We're a very productive community here and damn proud of it. Some of us get carried away sometimes and there are a few members on here who can give the wrong impression. I have nothing against LeHah, for instance, but he caught me off guard earlier in the thread. Let's be honest, he talks a lot of trash. The thing I've since learned about LeHah from looking through the board is that he's very dedicated to the preservation of the spirit of Wing Commander. Like we all should be.

He still talks a lot of trash...

BanditLOAF said:
If you want to gossip about people who have been banned, go somewhere else -- it's none of your business here.
I didn't mean publicly, as that's against forum policy. Gossiping is for little old ladies.
Something simple like:
Banned as per rule #13
Helps forum newbies understand what not to do, and gives a clear and concise reason for doing so. As I stated before, sometimes it's not very clear at all.
At any rate, it would come in handy, as to set examples of what not to do.
PS: Yeah, LeHah talks a lot of trash, it's just his method of making his point, sometimes. Other times, he's just being LeHah.

Manic said:
Something simple like:
Banned as per rule #13
Helps forum newbies understand what not to do, and gives a clear and concise reason for doing so. As I stated before, sometimes it's not very clear at all.

Forum newbies should read the rules themselves instead of waiting for others to break them and fall by example. Sometimes bannings result as a culmination of weeks or months of smaller violations, and it's not worth the time to detail it.

In which case, the old system my team used would come into play...
Banned for multiple violations.
or, if you wanted to get specific,
Banned for being an idiot.

Or we can just do as we want, which generally involves not bugging people too much as long as they're not asinine twits.

Status quo sounds good to me, as one of those tasked with thumping said asinine twits.

meisdavidp said:
He still talks a lot of trash...

I don't talk trash. I just fully utilize the english language to the best of my ability.

meisdavidp said:
If you have issues with LOAF, you should A) have the decency to make an account on the forums and B) take it up with him in private . You'd think people would learn from my mistakes. LOAF has never seemed to be anything but fair. I've had to speak with him and Chris Reid in the past to clarify things, but once everything has been explained to me, it all makes sense. LOAF's job (which I doubt pays) is to safeguard the future of the site. Don't know if you've noticed, but WC isn't really doing so well right now and this site is one of the few places that really keeps WC alive for fans like us. LOAF does a damn good job keeping the site running and providing news and entertainment. So he's a little strict? BIG DEAL.

As far as the troll thing goes, I have no idea whether you were or were not, but that response didn't do a great deal to help your case.

I really hate when people close arguements/rants/whines with BS like that. You come in here, whine about your innocence (who cares anyhow, you're just another annonymous non-member, so why even bother proving your innocence), question the admin's ability to moderate this forum, and then close with a cheerful farewell. If I ever meet you in real life I may have my kid sister kick your shins. Farewell yourself!

a) I don't have a "case". I just wanted to clear up my previous post, which was, as I already admitted BS. that's about it.
b) since I didn't consider myself "whining" or "having an issue" with anyone here, I don't really see why you are fronting me. Very nice gesture to a newbie. And especially so if on the grounds of me having no account.

Yours...........Soeren Trollmann

I've said it before, and I'll say it again... being a jerk is par for the course, on the CIC. You can't let it get to you.

Manic said:
I've said it before, and I'll say it again... being a jerk is par for the course, on the CIC. You can't let it get to you

To coin a term from Biloxi Blues, "You would need three promotions to get to be an asshole."

User was banned for this post

Hehehe, I totally agree with Chris and the mods. This bickering is getting way out of hand. But like Chris said, lets stop and get back onto topic.

This has been asked in another thread, obviously, but in the interest of getting back on track, what did people think of the videos Starman posted?

This thread got really quiet in a very short time. Perhaps at last we can move onto to something more positive. It's definitely been nice to have updates recently.

RE:Wing Commander Saga

Well, yesterday I downloaded the WC Saga Prologue. All I can say is that it rocks. To make really good video games takes time. One good example is Halo 1,2 and now Halo 3. Bungie announces a date for the release of the Halo game and then a few months later reverses course with a new release date. Bungie originally announced a release date for halo3 in the winter of 2006 then in the spring of 2007. Now Halo 3 is being pushed to the Fall season of 2007.
We all could accuse Bungie for vapor ware, however in the end Bungie comes forward with a well made product that has the least few bugs in the game.
From what I understand, production times for games can take as little as 6 months to as long as 4 or more years. For many video game company's the budget keeps getting bigger and bigger to make a really good game. For some games the production costs could cost a company hundreds of millions of dollars until the game is ready for mass production for us consumers to buy. According to the news the video game industry is a multi-billion dollar industry. Just like with movies and Hollywood, a video game can make or break a video game company.

The people who made the WC SAGA prologue made a good game even if it was slightly short. Short.... On the last level of WC prologue, my fighter plane had 1% armor remaining. That game was fun but hard even on the very easy level. I'm not gonna complain. It was a blast and it is still a good game. I can't wait to tell my friends about Wing Commander Saga prologue.

Back