The Wing Commander Marines Half-Life Mod!

Bloodfang

Spaceman
Hi, I'm bloodfang, team leader and webmaster of Wing Commander Marines, the mod of WC for Half Life!
I'm here to request your kind help, to develop this project, expecially for what is about coding and 3d modeling!!
Please help us!
Eeven the smallest help will be useful and welcome!!!
If you want to contact me, mail me at bloodfang@halflifeitalia.com!
Or visit the site http://www.halflifeitalia.com/wcmarines
there you'll find the project and my ICQ number!
Thanx again!

I don't know jack for coding, but I am an ideas man. Let me know if you need some help.

Heyyyy... Benvenuto sulla Chat Zone...

Lately I've been discovering lots of Italian WC fans... :)
I'm Italian myself, I live in Paris though... :D

Well, in bocca al lupo for the mod!! Half Life's such great game!

[Edited by mpanty on 08-04-2001 at 17:02]

Well, it is going to be a single player MOD.
With a good plot, and lot of new stuff & peoples, even with Kilrathi civilians and sivarist!
If you want to make more questions, why don't you mail me:
bloodfang@halflifeitalia.com or go to the address I've specified on the topic! It's in english too and there you'll find my ICQ number!

Bloodfang,It also might be a good idea to check some of the Half-Life editing sites out there.You might get lucky and find a Wing fan.Even if they're not a fan of it,if you can convince them that it will be good enough,some of them just might be willing to help.If not actually on the project,they might at least design a few models,textures,or skins.There used to be a site for people to find programmers,designers and the ilk.Unfortunately,I forgot where it was,so you will just have to look around.Make your mod known at one these sites and see if you can get some help.

Originally posted by Bloodfang
Well, it is going to be a single player MOD.
Wouldn't it be quite easy to use the characters from your single-player environment in the multi-player? I have the impression that SP is much more complex to develop than MP is.

BTW, how is everyone finding the connection to wcnews.com and crius.net? It seems awfully slow and intermittent to me - since this morning too - I don't have any problems with other sites.

Funny you should mention the connection, I kept having to use "ping server" to get the pages to load fully.

And about SP/MP. Surely everyone would much prefer a single player first then a multiplayer addition...it could come later. Adimttedly MP is easier, you dont need to plot AI paths etc..but a game with a story and plot is much more fun to make. And making a multiplayer exapansion shouldnt take long once the models/weapons are done.

Originally posted by Bhaktadil
Bloodfang,It also might be a good idea to check some of the Half-Life editing sites out there.You might get lucky and find a Wing fan.Even if they're not a fan of it,if you can convince them that it will be good enough,some of them just might be willing to help.If not actually on the project,they might at least design a few models,textures,or skins.There used to be a site for people to find programmers,designers and the ilk.Unfortunately,I forgot where it was,so you will just have to look around.Make your mod known at one these sites and see if you can get some help.
Don't worry I'm infact hosted by Half Life Italia, Italy's best in HL developing....
In addiction, I've already found some more guy to help me...
But you know the more they are the best it his...

Originally posted by Royal_Marine
And making a multiplayer expansion shouldn't take long once the models/weapons are done.
That's what I meant, your initial statement sounded as though it would be only a single-player mod.

Back