The WCProphecy Movie Project

maniac89 said:
Ok, I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, but I've run into a problem:

I'm using Fraps to record by game footage, but when I record it, the game runs much more slowly and when people talk (both in-game cutscenes and comm videos), they sometimes repeat their words about two or three times. I don't know what's going on, but this is the first time this has happened.
I'm also using HCl's video skip fix for the movies.

The Maniac

Urgghhh . . .it's still doing that.

ChrisReid said:
This is normal. Recording video of what's going on on the screen takes a ton of resources. Just taking a screenshot will cause some people's systems to pause for a bit. Obviously ratcheting this up to 30 frames per second will cause a huge performance impact. How fast is your computer?

maniac89 said:
Urgghhh . . .it's still doing that.

Well.. obviously, if you haven't upgraded your computer. If you saw what I posted earlier, why did you post this?

Hello old friends. Been awhile.

Best way to make DVD movies or VCD movies from the WC games is to use a DVD recorder and attach that to an output of the PC vid card to capture game sequences in the highest quality possible. Then finalize that DVD so you have fresh high quality VOB files to work with. Using various free DVD authoring and dubbing tools found at Digital Digest forums.

Once you capture the in game sequences etc, use Mario's WC movie player/capture and then use one of the tools to convert the uncompressed avi outputs from the movie player and convert them into the mpeg2 standard. Then you can use any DVD authoring program or VCD authoring program and create excellent quality movies.

I have all of the games with FMV's built into DVD movies, including in game sequences.

WC3
WC4
WC4DVD
P2
WCProphecy/SO

Good luck!

Glad the site is still around.

Salutes to all those I remember. No hard feelings. Take care! :)

OldFriend said:
Hello old friends. Been awhile.

Not so long that you should've forgotten the forum rules though. :) Only one account is allowed per person
Mr. Burns.

Hi guys!

I know this thread hasn't been updated in awhile. . . but I've still been working on this project.
A couple weeks ago, I decided to start over. I did this due to the poor video quality, and my lack of knowledge of video editing.
So now, I've looked up plenty of things to help me with this project and editing the video. So if anyone wants to help with anything, just post here.

The Maniac

If your starting over, what ever you do please don't use windows movie maker. This would be a good oppertunity to experiment with different video editing programs, windows movie maker doesn't have enough options to configure output videos and can't edit frame by frame etc.

maniac89 said:
Thanks for the advice Queeg!

P.S.- What video editing program do you use?

Ulead Videostudio, there are many programs just as good and better around, its best to find a program you are comfortable working in. Most of them have free trials, if you want decent video software for longer than a month you may have to fork out some cash though.

if you wanted to try it, there is a free trial for Adobe Premier Pro 1.5 (augh I think I spelled it wrong...)

I might be wrong but I think there is a Pro 2.0 now...

Pinaccle Studio is what I use, it's really simple and easy to use. I reccomend it to those who don't need to do advanced stuff like special effects, ect.

I actually found a program called muvee autoProducer, and so far its working out pretty well for me.
But now I have a question: I'm not pretty sure how I should do the actual missions, because I'm not sure when or when not to switch cameras or trim the footage. Any help would be great.

Thanks,
The Maniac

Just do what you think works best and then upload it for feedback later. Doing is the best way of learning.;)

You may also want to check out Queeg and AD's movies and see how they've done it.

Back