Votes: 0 0.0%
  • TBolt

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Vampire

Votes: 3 7.1%

• Total voters

frostytheplebe

Seventh Part of the Seal
If you had to choose one fighter that would stand above the rest, one fighter that personifies Wing Commander. You know that fighter people would point to and say, "That's from Wing Commander."

What fighter would it be?

Rapier is the Icon of the first two games, Dralthi is the cat icon, and I chose the Vampire. I don't know why... Maybe it's just because the Prophecy cover was the first I ever saw.

When I think of Wing Commander and specifically WC1 I always think of the box art... Of course that means a Dralthi.

This is exactly the reason the Dralthi is immediately recognizable in the Wing Commander film while the Rapier and the Tiger's Claw were redesigned -- as important as those other ships are to *us*, they aren't the series' signature.

Still a WC Iconic ship, like the Concordia (IMO).

I would say the Concordia over the TC actually... The Concordia was, as Loaf so eloquently penned it, the "Hero Ship" after Wing Commander II according to a lot of the books and I can remember it being a total let down seeing the Concordia blown apart... even though at that point I'd never flown off her.

Back