The truce's over!

Eder

Mr. Standoff
Here's a few generic combat screenshots I took today, while testing our episode 2 missions for the first time. These are from the episode's first mission, in Oxford. They give you a pretty good idea of how effective your wingmen will be when they're not outnumbered :)

Flying home to the Firekka is a sight for sore eyes after having spent so damn long defending the Lionheart. Too bad that the Firekka will need even more defending during episodes 2-5. :p

Nice shots. I was wondering about these countermeasures. If you give the same amount of decoys you get in WC2 (chaff pods), you obviously have to tweak down the missiles as well. Any changes in this?

The number of missiles each ship carries is almost always the same as in WC1/2 (except for torpedoes, since our capships take more than just 1 or 2 torpedoes to blow up), and so are their stats (spoof chance, speed, etc). The number of contermeasures, however, has been increased from the number of chaff pods in WC2, since the battles in Standoff will involve a greater number of ships. Most of our ships carry 2-6 decoys, IIRC.

Is it my imagination or is the crosshair a little bit to bold? Its hard to see the enemy behind it..at last for me.
What resolution are you planing the game with?

PopsiclePete said:
Oxford... are these shots from a mission of mine ?
Yup, these are from the mission which you just updated 5 minutes after I took screenshots of it. :p I hope you didn't change the sector. ;)

gevatter Lars said:
Is it my imagination or is the crosshair a little bit to bold? Its hard to see the enemy behind it..at last for me.
What resolution are you planing the game with?
The crosshair is scaled up (that's 1024x768 resolution), so it looks proportionally just as bold and obtrusive as the 1-pixel-wide crosshair did in WC2's 320x240 screen. :p

Wouldn't it be better to have a less bold one..I know you want to recreate WC1-2..but a little upgrade at this point won't hurt anybody..or does it?
Well just tell me what file I have to replace and I will do so without hurting someone else ^_^

Btw...nice cockpits...still a thing I am waiting for.

Well maybe its just the pictures...in motion some thing look quite different...I will wait then for the final version to play.

You guys gotta stop this. With my work schedule, I barely have any videogame time as it is, and now you're updating packages faster than I can download them (I get less than 56k, I remind you).

I need a job that doesn't work me 14 hours a day. Really.

Well, if you've checked the mailing list again, me and Q already have fixed a few bugs we found in that package I uploaded this morning. :p

There might be another patch soon, but I won't take this full package down for a while, so this is probably the one you want to grab (the bugs were all very minor anyway, stuff like fiction text not wrapping properly in 640x480, etc).

Am I the only one that is noticing the EVIL fact that they are pitting F-71 Stilletos against GOTHRI!!!!! Really dont you think that is a bit one sided

powell99 said:
Am I the only one that is noticing the EVIL fact that they are pitting F-71 Stilletos against GOTHRI!!!!! Really dont you think that is a bit one sided
Nah. The Gothri have a fighting chance against the Stiletto. Sure, it's a tough fight for them, but they do have a chance.

Also remember to never face a Gothri head-on, and to dodge the neutron turret's shots. :p

Back