The thing about school

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lt.Overload

Rear Admiral
God, not a single person here can hate school as much as I do.

I just started High School...and God it sucks...

The problem with school is that the teachers FORCE the learning onto you. People, especially children, LOVE to learn, but not the way schools teach. Does anyone agree?

Yeah, I know the High School sucks. But beleve me, High School in post-communist country sucks even more.

But hey, look on the bright side - you'll meet new friends, maybe pick up some girls and so on

There is one thing you should know. few years after you're done with it, you'll remeber high school as a long chain of parties :D

All teachers give work and such. But kids are supposed to learn naturally, like animals.

Sorry, but thay ain't. not in our society at least. The ability to learn from written sources is what you'll need your entire life. And unless

a) you are a son of a billionare
b) you will win on lottery
or
c) you'll going to marry a really rich girl,

than you'll have to work most of your life

Gotta agree. School sucked for me too. Look on the bright side though: being an adult is way more fun. More money, more girls, no homework...

I agree, but only if you want it to be this way.
School is what you make of it. Sure there are better and worse teachers, but its mainly your viewpoint that makes it suck. If you really love to learn even that bad teacher won't stop you tho.
In the USA AFAIK you even have the advantage that you can pick most classes you want to attend to. But the question is more why are you resisting against the teacher? Is it uselsess what he teaches? Is it the style of teaching - if so, what of it bothers you? The power/speed of advancing?

Fortunately for me, High School was amazingly fun...though my class size was a whooping 12 people probably helped.

Basically start getting to know people...include a couple girls in it, and start doing things together...bitch about teachers, go bowling, see a movie, and ect...but include people. High School becomes a hella lot more fun.

(For added bonus points for the girls, start doing basic workouts. Or if you can...join the swim team...you will get hella ripped, and defined...the chickas will like it.)

I loved high school, mostly because somewhere along the way I was like "fuck this" and stopped doing anything in class or at home, except stuff I absolutely had to do to be graded. I hadn't really done much up until point though, mostly copying some girls' stuff, but it triggered alot of changes in me and I came out of High School with more love and respect than I could ever dream of.

Besides, there's all sorts of awesome stuff like proms and parties attached to it.

(For added bonus points for the girls, start doing basic workouts. Or if you can...join the swim team...you will get hella ripped, and defined...the chickas will like it.)

Good advice, but not necessary. I used to work fairly hard to grow muscles because I was worried about being skinny, but found that the girls really don't give a shit, so why should I? I still work out, but I'm hardly dedicated. If you really want an added bonus with the girls, read The Game or something.

The way I always looked at it, school was being forced to work without pay. I got up at 6:30, I got home about 5:30, and all I got for my trouble was pocket money and homework.

Fuck that shit.

"The Game", Dyret? Are you a budding PUA?

(For added bonus points for the girls, start doing basic workouts. Or if you can...join the swim team...you will get hella ripped, and defined...the chicks will like it.)

In my experience, the only sure-fire way to get girls is to own a huge net. Here is a good one: http://www.amazon.com/Extra-Large-C...e=UTF8&s=sporting-goods&qid=1252620682&sr=1-5

Seriously, though, school is great; ignore all these dorks and learn to love learning. As you get older you'll have more and more freedom to choose what you're learning about, and you'll really appreciate it.

It's not much easier on the teacher, believe me. I hold a teacher's license that I'll never ever use. There is always a conflict between what a teacher thinks they should teach about, what the parents think they should teach about, and what the politicians think they should teach about.

Take Massachusetts for example. There was a lot of controversy surrounding the MCAS exam, why? Well because now teachers, after being hired are literally handed a list of things they can teach. They can't really deviate from that list in any way, because they risk their students failing the test, which kind of sucks.

Secondly, say you are a high school teacher. You've put together an honors history class for students who really excel in the field, and you've set up criteria for students to be accepted to it. You think that criteria is going to hold? WRONG!

One parent thinks that there child should be in the class and calls the principle and/or makes enough of a stink at a school board meeting, forget your criteria, that kid will be in your class. Regardless of whether the student can handle the work load. Then when the student begins to fail the class because he wasn't a good fit for the workload in the first place, the parent calls the principle again and blames YOU for being too hard... well now you've got to dumb the class down, and those who are trying to excel in it, get "left behind."

This is one of the examples that the college teacher's prep classes give that started pushing me away from teaching... sadly in college I did all the classes towards my major and didn't take the teaching classes till after. Probably should have thought that through some more...

In my experience, the only sure-fire way to get girls is to own a huge net. Here is a good one: http://www.amazon.com/Extra-Large-C...e=UTF8&s=sporting-goods&qid=1252620682&sr=1-5

Seriously, though, school is great; ignore all these dorks and learn to love learning. As you get older you'll have more and more freedom to choose what you're learning about, and you'll really appreciate it.

I agree with Loaf, Junior/senior year in HS and then college you really get to focus your learning on to what you are interested in. I will say thats when my grades skyrocketed.

Just started my senior year of HS. My first year, I made a large amount of mistakes, many of which follow me to this day. Sophomore year was better but not by much. Junior year I'd pretty much settled into what I wanted to do in life. Mistakes were cut back, and life improved. Just don't start off on the wrong foot, and if you do, fix it as soon as you can.

Interesting and strange where this is heading...

Damn - you guys seem to have gotten into my mind. I just started to ask myself wether the net thing could seriously work as pick up 'line' if you deliver it right.

But Overload... you have to sell that magic workout plan where you see results after ONE session. You'll be richer then Bill Gates in no time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back