The silliest callsign

Always been Conrad for me...

As in Conrad B. Hart of Flashback/Fade to black video game "fame", Loved those games

I've used "Liberty," "Lockheed" (you know, like the company... it just sounded cool.... er.... silly), "Slim Line," "Viper," "Quest," "Damascus," and of course, "Sphynx.' The misspelling of the last one is intentional. I thought about "Chupa cabra" for a while, but I just couldn't imagine myself as the goat sucker.

Oh, and a random bit of trivia because of the "Supafly" name. My grandfather lives across the street from Jimmy "The Super Fly" Snooka, of WWF fame. Just a pointless FYI.

I think it's neat to see some people who still have their callsigns from early WC days

Or maybe it's just because this is a WC community

I usually use Orion, Nimrod (which is sad, because even though he's supposed to be a mythological hunter, it's also sinonym to idiot) and Raisen. I also use Achilles (pre-troy movie), Victor and Ahrrenius.

Raisen is the main one, and it's from a time when I was reading some Dragonlance stuff. Wehn we started a new D&D campaign in a DM created world, my mage was named Raisen as a rip off of Raistlin.

BTW, Conrad B. Heart is probably a homage to Joseph Conrad and his "Heart of Darkness".

I use Sylvester of course, but I also used Maverick. Interestingly enough, I used Maverick before it was revealed that Blair's callsign actually was Maverick. Funny eh.

I used "Quicksilver" or "Zlatak" (Goldy in czech). Now I ended on "Bombush" (or Bombus), which means nothing in any language.

I've used "Dundradal" as a callsign for as long as games allowed us to enter them...and those games that don't allow names that long I simply use "Dund"

Ive used Iceman since gr 5 when my old vice-principal called me that. sometimes I also use spunky(not anymore though) cause of the scene in wc3 when Eisen says "God, I love that boys spunk!" and Ive had various nick names from cadets, Shrek 6 3 (cuz its my height) Hercules(the girls call me that ;) ) and others

I used T-rex as a callsign. I thought it was cool to have a callsing reminding of one of the greatest predators on earth.
Unfourtunately, some stupid paleontologist have come to the conclusion that the T-rex wasn't a predator at all! It was a big stinky scavenger instead :(

Mvh!
T-rex the Scavenge!?!

My very first callsign when I first got CYAC was Hannibal. I wish I could say it was because of Hannibal crossing the Alps or something, but nope. It was because I was ten years old and thought the A-Team was cool. After that, I settled on Reverend for a long time because I used a lot of God-related stuff in my chat macros on multiplayer games. Stuff like "Put your faith in God and keep the powder dry/lasers charged," or "Give your heart to the Lord because your ass is mine." Cliche, I know. ;)

I hardly ever have time to play games anymore, but when I do I usually use Reverend or sometimes Gunslinger (because of Stephen King's Dark Tower books).

I've used Phoenix for a long time now. My origonal callsign from WC1 was Stryker and I still use it here and there sometimes.

i first entered the game as "maniac", i used that when i played my way through
"epic" the space sim i played before wing commander, after finding a character already nicked maniac in the story, i changed it to "menace", which i shortened to
"mace", but when i found myself to be a nuclear missile in WC2SO2, i refused to let
o of it.

Mace said:
i first entered the game as "maniac", i used that when i played my way through
"epic" the space sim i played before wing commander, after finding a character already nicked maniac in the story, i changed it to "menace", which i shortened to
"mace", but when i found myself to be a nuclear missile in WC2SO2, i refused to let
o of it.

That's kind of a funny story

Hrm. I wish I remembered my old calls. I've had "Worf" and variations thereof for the longest time (since high school). I was studying the Klingon language so it just stuck.

For once I really like how this thread develops. And although it it pretty unrelated to WC, that merits another story:
For fantasy multiplayer games, one of my pals decided to go with the nick "Musculus" because he was into bodybuilding and wrestling at that time. He'll never recover from it, because the word means "little mouse" in Latin. Boy did we have a good time.

...only slightly marred by my own choice of "Cayman", which was turned into the obvious.

Nowadays, I fall back to use whatever comes in handy as a callsign (or tester profile, nick, flag) - we've had Teacup, Frame, Biro, Chalk, Ruler (really cheesy, yeah, but I liked the double meaning)... and so on.

Back