The making of Wing Commander 3 clip!

Karthik@KANE

Spaceman
I know this short making video was shipped on a special edition of Wing Commander 3 but is it freely downloadable or is it illegal to download it....yet again?!

I'll make use of this thread, is it possible for anyone to convert the file from Real Media? I can't stand it. Sorry to be fussy but there is no harm in asking.

I tried, using RM Converter. But either sound doesn´t match the picture or get sound only. Who invented this format anyway?

RealMedia served its purpose... back in the nineties.

I wouldn't worry about converting it, though. There should be a replacement along shortly...

Try "TINRA" to get files from RM to AVI. Works pretty well for most files.

Well, converting it wouldn't do any good, because the source (the RM file) sucks. You can't make a sucky video get better resolution and sound and frame rate and colors... The real solution is RE-ENCODING from the ORIGINAL source used to generate the RM file. Which is probably what LOAF is doing.

The quality isn't really what's bugging me, it's the fact that I have to install the horrid Real Media Player just for one file.
PS: Don't hate me.

Also re-encoding would be a nice idea but is there a better source available?

Well, Real player has become a stupid behemoth, so I can't blame you =)
but you should be able to find older and simpler versions of it around, anyway.

LOAF must have a good version of the thing, I guess. He surelly hinted at something above.

The VHS tape included with the Premiere edition of Wing Commander III is the same 'making of' segment... so there's a higher quality source readily available.

I don´t have the equipment to convert the VHS-version, but i could upload the avi-version from the CD.
But since Bandit LOAF said there´s a new version on the way i´m not sure that´s necessary and/or legal...

Is there a whole "Making Of" video, or just the bloopers reel in the files section?

There's a whole video (I think, I haven't watched it since 1994 or so).

On this subject, is there a English version of the WCIV Making Of available?

Sadly, there is not. The making of stuff for WC4, Priv 2 and Prophecy was all done by individual magazine companies in Europe.

actually in the movie in the files-section contains only the bloopers. there´s a longer video featuring some interviews, scenes from the sets and the bloopers again. I WOULD upload the movie, but i need to know where.

Red Baron said:
actually in the movie in the files-section contains only the bloopers. there´s a longer video featuring some interviews, scenes from the sets and the bloopers again. I WOULD upload the movie, but i need to know where.

What's the size of this file?

Hey, I got a CD that came with a WC3 Game guide (Origin's official WC3 guide, I think), and it sounds like what yer talkin' about - background info, artwork, outtakes, script, etc. Is this what y'all are talking about?...

Back