The Hardest thing you had to do in Wing Commander??

Another thought...

How about sticking in the damn canyon on your first run at the end of WC3? I hated the 15 minutes of boring flying it required to get to the end...before I realized I could cloak again and ignore the damn Ekapshis.

Another thought...

How about sticking in the damn canyon on your first run at the end of WC3? I hated the 15 minutes of boring flying it required to get to the end...before I realized I could cloak again and ignore the damn Ekapshis.

The exact same thing happened to me!!

I really hate my memory sometimes, because someone's going to pull her callsign out and make me go, "Yeah, that's it!" and I'll therefore feel stupid for a week...

I think the thing that hit me the hardest was realizing you absolutely can't save your Caernarvon wingman in WC2 while trying to save Concordia. The other thing that hit me was when Spirit pulled her kamikaze run on the Kilrathi station.

After that, for some reason, other stuff didn't affect me nearly as much...probably because of the cinematic way other characters die after that.

The spontaneous combustion of Lexington in WC4 always did puzzle me, though I always wondered if there were some way to play through and stay with Confed on the PC version...I'd only played the PS1 version, and in that version the Lady Lex might as well had Behemoth painted on her hull...

I really hate my memory sometimes, because someone's going to pull her callsign out and make me go, "Yeah, that's it!" and I'll therefore feel stupid for a week...

I think the thing that hit me the hardest was realizing you absolutely can't save your Caernarvon wingman in WC2 while trying to save Concordia. The other thing that hit me was when Spirit pulled her kamikaze run on the Kilrathi station.

After that, for some reason, other stuff didn't affect me nearly as much...probably because of the cinematic way other characters die after that.

The spontaneous combustion of Lexington in WC4 always did puzzle me, though I always wondered if there were some way to play through and stay with Confed on the PC version...I'd only played the PS1 version, and in that version the Lady Lex might as well had Behemoth painted on her hull...

Shadow was her callsign.

Once I found out you could leech the Lex too I've actually almost always taken that path over its outright destruction. It was great that Origin made a separate CGI scene for that as well.

Yeah, the trench run was so boring the ending almost wasn't even worth it.

Spirit's death didn't bother me at all... Though I think I was pretty disapointed about not getting to blow up the Space Station myself.

Yeah, the trench run was so boring the ending almost wasn't even worth it.

Spirit's death didn't bother me at all... Though I think I was pretty disapointed about not getting to blow up the Space Station myself.
Why you green-blooded, inhuman.... ;)

Sorry, I still despise that scene because there's nothing I can do to save her :(

Oh I'm with you there, at least in the not understanding why I auto-fail. If you fly back to the Lexington, you discover that there are cloaked avengers that blow her up... I flew back there, destroyed the avengers when I saw them, and the Lex still blew sky high. At least that's my very fuzzy recollection.

I found the cloaked Avengers, too. I always thought that was a really nice touch. We know from our interactions with Pliers that, at that time, the BW's don't seem to have cloacking technology for their Avengers. So...three guesses who actually blew up the Lexington. I'll give you a hint..it's someone with BW style fighters in BW markings, excellent cloaking technology, an interest in getting rid of Paulson and Blair, while framing the BW's with the destruction of a Confed Fleet Carrier and the death of a celebrated war hero.

I found the cloaked Avengers, too. I always thought that was a really nice touch. We know from our interactions with Pliers that, at that time, the BW's don't seem to have cloacking technology for their Avengers. So...three guesses who actually blew up the Lexington. I'll give you a hint..it's someone with BW style fighters in BW markings, excellent cloaking technology, an interest in getting rid of Paulson and Blair, while framing the BW's with the destruction of a Confed Fleet Carrier and the death of a celebrated war hero.
Ooo! Ooo! Taggart?...... No wait... that's not right.....

ok, for me it was tying to save 'flash" from his certain death, i was actually able to beat the lever protecting him the entire time, then suddenly pow, he was gone

ok, for me it was tying to save 'flash" from his certain death, i was actually able to beat the lever protecting him the entire time, then suddenly pow, he was gone

Flash!? Huh? There's no scripted death for Flash. I've finished WC3 a few times without him dying...

Do you mean Dallas from WCP?

Flash? He's not scripted to die, heck I've run the last mission with him a few times (the few times that I've picked Rachel over Flint (I never did like that choice because I had no interest in Rachel)).

That being said, my final run was usually Flint, Maniac and Vagabond.

There are two things I wished I never had to do throughout the WC series, one is to take out the Lexington (not because the ship held any real nostalgic memories, like the Victory) but because it was probably the finest carrier Blair had seen since the Concordia and her destruction meant the death of a few thousand humans, most of which had no idea what Confed was up to on the frontiers.

The other was killing Jazz, in SM2 he's introduced as a great all-rounder, a good pilot, a cool laid back 'no problem' attitude to being asked to fly the Dralthi. A shame to see what he became, with his skill he might have made it to later games if he'd stayed on the right side.

Ah well, at least it was the Lexington and not the Victory we had to take out, and at least it was Jazz that flipped after Goddard, and not Bossman.

this is interesting, i have played that mission a few times and he always dies.
good to know he is not scrupted to die, then i gotta do better protecting him...
funny, i always had Vagabond and Maniac and Flint as my wingmen during the raid on Kilrah

this is interesting, i have played that mission a few times and he always dies.
good to know he is not scrupted to die, then i gotta do better protecting him...
funny, i always had Vagabond and Maniac and Flint as my wingmen during the raid on Kilrah

The only time he would be scripted to die is during the Kilrah missions where each time you get closer to the final mission a wingman is scripted to die.

Back