The Hardest thing you had to do in Wing Commander??

frostytheplebe

Seventh Part of the Seal
Was it turning down flint to keep the grease monkey happy?

Letting Tolwyn go in WC4?

Opening Fire on Vagabond?

Or perhaps letting Blair get abducted by the Nephilim?

For me... it was shooting down Jazz. By far the best Wing man I flew with in SWC and not bad at all in WC2. Having to shoot him down was painful.

RIP Major Zach "Jazz" Colson, You were an asshole, but you were an awesome pilot.

Tolwyn for me. Not really any emotional reason, I just knew that there was a branching storyline and I didn't know which way it would go, or which way I wanted to go.

I actually went after Thrakath after Angel's death in WC III. I was actually very upset by that death and it was pretty intense considering it was only a game. I think her death was the most graphic I had ever experienced to that point. I know the topic said what you did, but I think the fact that they put you through that only to say you can't chase after the prince was a unique and legitimately tough thing.

-Rance-

I actually went after Thrakath after Angel's death in WC III. I was actually very upset by that death and it was pretty intense considering it was only a game. I think her death was the most graphic I had ever experienced to that point. I know the topic said what you did, but I think the fact that they put you through that only to say you can't chase after the prince was a unique and legitimately tough thing.

-Rance-

No hey, that's Golden, I know how you felt, I myself was pissed off about that one... it was almost as emotionally evocative as Aerith in FF7 dying... or that damn fight against Gray Fox in the Mine field that brought tears to my eyes.:(

Was it turning down flint to keep the grease monkey happy?

Letting Tolwyn go in WC4?

Opening Fire on Vagabond?

Or perhaps letting Blair get abducted by the Nephilim?

For me... it was shooting down Jazz. By far the best Wing man I flew with in SWC and not bad at all in WC2. Having to shoot him down was painful.

RIP Major Zach "Jazz" Colson, You were an asshole, but you were an awesome pilot.
I never turned down Flint, always took her over Rachel (never had a thing for Blondes, I always go for the dark hairs). It was a no-brainer for me in all honesty.

No, the hardest thing for me was accepting that Spirit had to die in WC2. I can't tell you how many times I replayed that mission attempting everything I could to try to avoid that cinematic. It was heartbreaking

The hardest thing for me was powering up WC2 when it came out for the first time and watching the 'Claw get blown to bits. I was so angry the first time that I re-booted. I was pretty young - I don't really know what re-booting was supposed to accomplish, but I did it nevertheless... :(

Realizing that I couldn't save the Behemoth after trying for probably an hour...
I tried for days to save that stupid thing before I finally said "Forget it! I'll take the losing path from here". It was only after playing through the game the third time (I believe it was) that I realized that there was no way to save it.

I tried for days to save that stupid thing before I finally said "Forget it! I'll take the losing path from here". It was only after playing through the game the third time (I believe it was) that I realized that there was no way to save it.

I figured this out early on, but for some reason, I couldn't figure out why I couldn't save the Lexington in WC4 if I remained with the Confederation. I probably played that mission 15 times that afternoon. I knew that Confed was wrong, but I wanted to follow that branch of the storyline for as long as I could. I didn't want to defect...

The hardest thing for me was powering up WC2 when it came out for the first time and watching the 'Claw get blown to bits. I was so angry the first time that I re-booted. I was pretty young - I don't really know what re-booting was supposed to accomplish, but I did it nevertheless... :(

I didn't include that because I didn't feel like something I had to do but certainly, seeing this for the first time left me outraged too.

What about not being able to punish Maniac after he lets Tolwyn go in WC4? The guy was obviously guilty, and it was way outside of Maniac's powers just to let him go. I totally understand how Angel felt on the flight deck in the Movie. Grr, Maniac makes me so angry...

I figured this out early on, but for some reason, I couldn't figure out why I couldn't save the Lexington in WC4 if I remained with the Confederation.

I had no issue with leaving the Lexington, but I always felt bad about destroying her. Now, whenever I play, I use leech guns to disable her, and get an alternate cutscene.

Choosing to not destroy Ella in WCIV. I wanted to take the quick route, but it was ultimately wrong, and I knew that it would make killing the Vesuvius easier later down the line.

I figured this out early on, but for some reason, I couldn't figure out why I couldn't save the Lexington in WC4 if I remained with the Confederation. I probably played that mission 15 times that afternoon. I knew that Confed was wrong, but I wanted to follow that branch of the storyline for as long as I could. I didn't want to defect...

Oh I'm with you there, at least in the not understanding why I auto-fail. If you fly back to the Lexington, you discover that there are cloaked avengers that blow her up... I flew back there, destroyed the avengers when I saw them, and the Lex still blew sky high. At least that's my very fuzzy recollection.

-Rance-

I shot him with an /imrec and went straight to the Victory... and I killed Hobbes...

Back