The Great Debate: Broadsword Color (April 1, 2015)

ChrisReid

Super Soaker Collector / Administrator
This year's viral phenomenon over whether a dress in odd light was either blue and black or white and gold has rekindled the age-old question: what color is the Broadsword in Privateer? Most Wingnuts clearly recall that the bomber was mostly green in WC2, but it has a less memorable look when flown in Gemini. Fans have long debated was color highlights cover the wingtips and forward fuselage. Now is your chance to answer this question once and for all! What color do you see?

--
Original update published on April 1, 2015

Last edited by a moderator:
No, no, no......that's clearly one of those Phantom fighters from Armada. As to it's color, it is sanguine, my friend.

Clearly, you are all blind. No wonder I sweep up all the kills when we're in a furball!

It's green. :D

Well it gradates between teal and turquoise to simulate light. So therefor somewhere in between.

[Edit]

Now its green. Ok, good april first. I was wondering what the point of this was.

Last edited:
How did you guys do this? Just replace the target image with another or was it something more complicated, like a os/browser or IP detection scheme?

And btw, that's a pretty cool BANNED image you've got there.

How did you guys do this? Just replace the target image with another or was it something more complicated, like a os/browser or IP detection scheme?

It took the last digit of your IP address and pulled from five possible options. Then half way through the day we rotated which colors go to which IPs. Some people with dynamic IPs or who logged in from different machines got to see the rainbow. We can post them all tomorrow for everyone to see.

None of them were the proper blue and gray see in Gemini. :)

Back