The Full Privateer Experience

BANKROB.EXE gives you 10,000,000 credits. I think I got it off a CIC link.

Originally posted by RFBurns
But I guess the primary reason why I still play that game so much, is because it still remains the best "privateer" type space sim out there, despite the antiquated graphics.

Something I loved in Privateer and I think no other sim has it is NOT being able to remove the cockpit. I loved seeing all those monitors and keyboards, and how electricity and cables jumped because of impacts. Also it was very realistic as you could change ship but you had to keep in mind reduced visibility as in for example the Orion, or less Hud's like in the Centurion. Every SIM since Privateer has let you remove the cockpit, or even hasn't one. Or what's worse, a cockpit no one believes as real. What do you think?

Zhak.

I like the cockpit as well, especially when things used to get smashed and broken the more shot up you got. I think prophecy got it about right, a cockpit with a HUD display, perhaps it could have broken up or flickered on and off when you got damaged though, hmmm....

Sorry Wedge I forgot WC1/WC2 and Academy. I was refering more to Privateer-like games, including P2, but you're right.

Zhak.

Back