SPOILERS!!
SPOILERS!!
SPOILERS!!
SPOILERS!!

Oh by the way,

SPOILERS!!!

How did you do the PTC!?!?
That was so awesome!!

It's good to warn people like you did... but it's even better to protect such info using spoiler tags :).

It's actually very simple, though it had to be very carefully scripted. Do you really want to know, though? I know I always felt disappointed when I found out that something really great was actually something of a cheap trick :p.

(though I suppose a trick is only cheap if it's not convincing)

I would really like to know

though i used goodtarget and noticed three neutral objects as it fired

Also did I hear Blair and Hawk, or am I insane? :)

though i used goodtarget and noticed three neutral objects as it fired
...Exactly.
There is an AI_FireBullet command in WCP, but of course capships don't have guns (or missiles). We've got a special invisible ship that we use any time we want a capship to fire its missiles... regrettably, it only occured to us in Episode 5 that this could also be used for guns. Otherwise, you guys would have had to contend with AMGs on a regular basis, too - if you look closely, the Fralthra is actually the first to shoot in this fight.

...So as you can see, what Blair said in WC2 is all true - the Kilrathi do have invisible fighters :).

Also did I hear Blair and Hawk, or am I insane? :)
Well, everyone knows Blair fought at the Battle of Terra :).
Hawk did too. I don't remember the source, it had to be either the WC4 novel or the WCP Guide, but he was there. Of course, we don't label him as "Hawk", because unlike Stingray or Blair, he's not someone the average Confed pilot would have heard of at this time.

...Exactly.
There is an AI_FireBullet command in WCP, but of course capships don't have guns (or missiles). We've got a special invisible ship that we use any time we want a capship to fire its missiles... regrettably, it only occured to us in Episode 5 that this could also be used for guns. Otherwise, you guys would have had to contend with AMGs on a regular basis, too - if you look closely, the Fralthra is actually the first to shoot in this fight.
I did notice, and I actually got a bit worried that it'll fry the Connie. Very cool thing, what you did there. I never waited long enough, but can the Concordia be destroyed?

Well, everyone knows Blair fought at the Battle of Terra :).
Hawk did too. I don't remember the source, it had to be either the WC4 novel or the WCP Guide, but he was there. Of course, we don't label him as "Hawk", because unlike Stingray or Blair, he's not someone the average Confed pilot would have heard of at this time.
Very nice touch. :)

By the way, did Freyer's voice change between Eps 1-2? Puberty? :p

I did notice, and I actually got a bit worried that it'll fry the Connie. Very cool thing, what you did there. I never waited long enough, but can the Concordia be destroyed?
No, of course not - in the tradition of WC2, the battle was scripted all the way :).

By the way, did Freyer's voice change between Eps 1-2? Puberty? :p
Well, a lot of the voices evolve over time, as the actors change how they view the character. I guess I shouldn't be pointing out such things, but try listening to Reismann in an Episode 2 briefing, and compare his voice with the Episode 5 cutscenes (or that new Episode 2 cutscene, for that matter). Same actor, sounds pretty different.

Nice job guys. If only the blast could be bigger and you through in the WCII synth sound effects of the PTC Fireing... I'd have to wipe away a tear. All hail TCS CONCORDIA

No, I didn't do any voices this time. I still have traumatic memories of people complaining about my voice being hard to understand in UE :p.

No, I didn't do any voices this time. I still have traumatic memories of people complaining about my voice being hard to understand in UE :p.

Strange, I pictured your voice being the one
when you click the red Confed star on the Lionheart
:p

Haha. :p

By the way you did a great job on the missions. I barely had any crashes! :) Except for the Crossbow's jump crash and the Arrow's autopilot crash, but nothing else.

Also did you put a Salthi in the Confed gauntlet on purpose? :p

Haha. :p

By the way you did a great job on the missions. I barely had any crashes! :) Except for the Crossbow's jump crash and the Arrow's autopilot crash, but nothing else.

Also did you put a Salthi in the Confed gauntlet on purpose? :p

The arrow bug has been addressed, just needs to be checked. As for the Crossbow error, I still need to check it out. Although I've never had it occur for me.

If someone has a saved game which includes that mission it would greatly ease my woes. Just PM me.

And the Salthi is in the Confed gauntlet...because well...that's another thing that we didn't see coming until we realized we weren't using the final sim versions.

The arrow bug has been addressed, just needs to be checked. As for the Crossbow error, I still need to check it out. Although I've never had it occur for me.

If someone has a saved game which includes that mission it would greatly ease my woes. Just PM me.

And the Salthi is in the Confed gauntlet...because well...that's another thing that we didn't see coming until we realized we weren't using the final sim versions.

If it would help, I could send you a ZIP of my saved game files, then you can fly the mission to see if it crashes with you.

I can confirm that this bug happens. Which is really weird (although in the last week...nothing is surprising me with this build...) because it NEVER happened during Ep5 testing. It's in Bugzilla so it will be taken care of...thanks for the saves.

Back