The “WC:P” I ordered came in the mail today!

Ace Rimmer

Spaceman
The “Wing Commander: Prophecy” I ordered came in the mail today! I just read the entire manual and I can’t wait for my GameBoy Advance to get here.

What are some of the differences between the GBA and PC versions “Wing Commander: Prophecy”?

Well, for one example, the PC version (obviously) has live-action sequences while the GBA version doesn't. Also, the GBA version has a very small button layout, just A, B, or something else, I don't play it often, but the PC version has many diferent buttons.

Probably the biggest difference is that they built in a multiplayer mode. You can do straight deathmatch or get into teams to fight the Nephilim/Confed.

So the story is exactly the same, with no changes?

I saw the multiplayer options in the “WC:p” GBA manual, the PC version doesn’t have that option?

I thought the Deathmatch and Team Deathmatch options were pretty cool, but where are you going to find four people, all with GBAs and “WC:A” cartridges? It might as well not have them at all!

Well, thanks to HCl, we do have multiplayer for the PC version of Prophecy! Check it out here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ace Rimmer said:
So the story is exactly the same, with no changes?

Hades and team edited the PC version's story down to fit the GBA version's flow.

Ace Rimmer said:
I saw the multiplayer options in the “WC:p” GBA manual, the PC version doesn’t have that option?

No, the only multiplayer stuff for Prophecy was the test stuff released by HCl a couple months ago.

Ace Rimmer said:
I thought the Deathmatch and Team Deathmatch options were pretty cool, but where are you going to find four people, all with GBAs and “WC:A” cartridges? It might as well not have them at all!

WC:A?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hades and team edited the PC version's story down to fit the GBA version's flow.

I did the edited script, but they ended up not needing it. The original plan was to do the cutscenes 'in engine' with 3D characters... and they had to remove large portions of the story for that. When they ended up going with still images and text, they could include everything.

Back