Thanks to all!

Mirage

Rear Admiral
Hello Everyone,

I'm usually a lurker on this forum, but as I've been thinking about it, I decided it was time to say hello and thank you for keeping the Wing Commander universe alive.

I'm not a kid (chronologically), and remember the first day I played Wing Commander for the first time, on my lowly 486 66Mhz, with 32Mb ram and a brand new 1024x768x16 Trident video card! Boy have times changed!

But my whole purpose for writting was to thank you all for your contributions, your desire to keep Wing Commander alive, and the help you offer and recieve. The CIC is the most complete place I found on the web for WC information, help etc. This could not be possible with the effort and input you all give.

So pat yourselves on the back, whoever you are, and know that you are not alone. And if in the future, there is another Wing Commander games released, let's all pray that it stays true to it's lineage.

Thank you all!

Thanks for the kind words - it means everything to us that people are still interested in using the site to access Wing Commander resources!

And even if there is not another Wing Commander game, we can always teach the next bunch of potential pilots, what Wing Commander was. :cool:

Hey, let's keep our fingers crossed. Also, DyNaMiX, is your name in honor of the old Dynamix company? Because if it is, they made some really excellent games way back when. Especially Betrayal at Krondor. It's 11 years old and free these days, but still probably the most entertaining RPG I've ever played.

I'm very happy that the number of people who visit our site has been steadily growing for the last few years. Hopefully other people are introducing Wing Commander to their friends. There is so much to experience, it's not something you could ever get tired of.

Nappydman said:
Hey, let's keep our fingers crossed. Also, DyNaMiX, is your name in honor of the old Dynamix company? Because if it is, they made some really excellent games way back when. Especially Betrayal at Krondor. It's 11 years old and free these days, but still probably the most entertaining RPG I've ever played.

I didn't even know there was a Dynamix game company when I started using this alias. :cool:

Bandit LOAF said:
Thanks for the kind words - it means everything to us that people are still interested in using the site to access Wing Commander resources!

haha yeah, I just got priv 2 and I came to the game guides almost every hour on the hour just to find out where I was supposed to go. and I love the collection of ships that can be used in SO

with this forum, and site online wing commander wil never die. it has a big fanbase, and their will always be mods developted for new games

I'd like to think the same spirit of the newsgroup is as alive as ever right here and other places in the Wing Commander community. I miss the newsgroup a hell of a lot, but for technical reasons the discussion has just moved here. Newsgroups of all kinds simply are not the cool place to talk anymore.

true enough. But they had this insteresting randomness in attendance, even though we were always around, some crazy people appeared from time to time. But the foruns are surelly great. I cannot complain!

Back