TCS Tiger's Claw 3D model - Input request

Rictheron

Rear Admiral
So been on the WIC forum for a long time but never really posted. Looking for some input and/or suggestions. I first touched 3D modelling software about a month ago, did some kitbashes for Battletech, then did a couple original models for 3D printing, decided I wanted to make something iconic for me and started work on a Bengal class. Right now I am using the 3D Builder freeware. This is VERY much a W.I.P which I started after work a couple days ago. With the exception of the Turret guns and the Rapier which were free downloads from other creators (thanks to them for the awesome work!), it's all original.

I wanted to get some suggestions and input on techniques I can use to improve my project as I go along instead of waiting until the end. I tried to keep the design as close to the original game model as I could but after crunching some numbers in terms of dimensions needed to fit 104 fighters I had to make a few concessions such as widening the body 10% and moving the side projection launch tubes further back along the body. I originally was just working the outside but got fascinated with the internal layout so started working in cross section.

So how can I improve here?

Attachments

• Tiger's claw front angle.JPG
    Tiger's claw front angle.JPG
    31.5 KB · Views: 44
  • Tiger's Claw hanger berth.JPG
    Tiger's Claw hanger berth.JPG
    53.4 KB · Views: 42
  • Tiger's Claw Interior hanger decks.JPG
    Tiger's Claw Interior hanger decks.JPG
    47.1 KB · Views: 37
  • Tiger's Claw landing bay interior.JPG
    Tiger's Claw landing bay interior.JPG
    45.3 KB · Views: 36
  • Tiger's Claw Landing deck interior.JPG
    Tiger's Claw Landing deck interior.JPG
    48.5 KB · Views: 37
  • Tiger's Claw launch tubes.JPG
    Tiger's Claw launch tubes.JPG
    49.3 KB · Views: 38
  • Tiger's Claw wing gunner platform.JPG
    Tiger's Claw wing gunner platform.JPG
    50.5 KB · Views: 36
  • Tiger's Claw conn tower.JPG
    Tiger's Claw conn tower.JPG
    47.9 KB · Views: 35
  • Tiger's claw landing pylon front.JPG
    Tiger's claw landing pylon front.JPG
    23.3 KB · Views: 28
  • Tiger's claw landing deck front.JPG
    Tiger's claw landing deck front.JPG
    31.6 KB · Views: 30
  • Tiger's Claw front.JPG
    Tiger's Claw front.JPG
    21.2 KB · Views: 36
  • Tiger's claw top.JPG
    Tiger's claw top.JPG
    23 KB · Views: 44
Looks like a nice start. THe biggest thing I would say ATM is that it looks pretty blocky, you'll want to chamfer some of these edges a bit.
I am not familiar with 3D builder so I have no idea of its capabilities.
In terms of the design, the bridge tower looks really small, maybe increase it's height by at least two or three more decks. And blending/chamfering the side launch bays into the main body would help some of the blockiness, Howard Day's Tiger's Claw is a great reference.

Scooby Doo did that model for me for Wing Commander Saga. A lot of Designs from Lars are in and from Star Citizen.
Anti Mater Guns, Standard Lasers, some PDS Missle launcher, Anti Ship Torpedos.
A big Hangar
a not seen second deck like on your design to store fighters
and 2x 5 Launch Tubes for fighters

underside
2023-05-16 (5).png

Side
2023-05-16 (2).png

Front
2023-05-16 (4).png

2023-05-16 (3).png

Its bigger then the Original size model of 700m. Here 1100m long, ober 700m width and 300m height. If they would Wing Commander Remake with the original fighter wing size...i think its not smaller then as this model.

Back