TCS Lexington

frostytheplebe

Seventh Part of the Seal
I was recently reading the history behind Wing Commander, from the time of the Pilgrims onward. I saw this one part of the history which mentions a TCS Lexington being outfitted with colonial equipment to build new fighters and weapons, and be able to grow new food, and sent it to Downtown Kilrah. Does anyone have any information on that Lexington's final fate? Is she responsable for building those secret asteroid bases where Blair loaded the Tbomb?

That Lexington, the home carrier for the human side in Armada, is described as having been lost in action. Other than the final destination, it's totally unrelated to the depots planted for the T-bomb run.

I was recently reading the history behind Wing Commander, from the time of the Pilgrims onward. I saw this one part of the history which mentions a TCS Lexington being outfitted with colonial equipment to build new fighters and weapons, and be able to grow new food, and sent it to Downtown Kilrah. Does anyone have any information on that Lexington's final fate? Is she responsable for building those secret asteroid bases where Blair loaded the Tbomb?

That's the one - the Lexington is the ship that delivered Angel's Covert Operations team to Kilrah (or near Kilrah - they captured a transport for the actual trip to the surface, IIRC). Lexington herself was never found... she didn't return from Kilrah and was still missing thirty years later (in 2701).

AFAIK, Angel's team worked from a captured Kilrathi freighter that blended in with the Kilrah system commercial traffice (since their moon had a large shipyard, naval base, and was home to the Imperial Home Fleet, it'd be a DARNED busy place).

Personally I thought the Lexington was that ship that got the stuff beat out of it in WC IV after Blair defects.

Back