TCP Remake

Sylvester

Vice Admiral
I have decided to redo my TCP concept so that it conforms more with the timeline.

I need to know if this info is correct. Ones with a * are my addons

Carriers in Service-2656

Bengal:
TCS Tiger's Claw CV-07
TCS Kipling CV-08
TCS Beacontree CV-09
TCS Eagle's Talon CV-10
TCS Kyoto CV-11
TCS Lionheart CV-12
TCS Wolfhound CV-13
TCS Trafalgar CV-14
TCS Exeter CV-15
TCS Jackal CV-16

Concordia:
TCS Agamemnon CVT-3* (Former CV-3, CVT is designated as "Fleet Training Carrier*)
TCS Yorktown CV-17*
TCS Liberty CV-21
TCS Illustrious CV-23*
TCS Freedom CV-24
TCS Jefferson CV-25
TCS Washington CV-26
TCS Truman CV-27
TCS Vinson CV-28
TCS Winterrowd CV-29
TCS Viking CV-30
TCS Viper CV-31
TCS Austerlitz CV-32

Jutland:
TCS Jutland CVA-56 (Under Construction)
TCS Salamis CVA-57 (Under Construction)

Ranger:
TCS Princeton CVL-37*
TCS Victory CVL-40
TCS San Jacinto CVL-41
TCS Langley CVL-42
TCS Ticonderoga CVL-43
TCS Defiance CVL-44
TCS Petrov CVL-46
TCS Glorious CVL-47
TCS Furious CVL-48
TCS Victorious CVL-49
TCS Wellington CVL-50
TCS Cowpens CVL-51

I have the numbers at:
22 Fleet Carriers (13 Concordia, 9 Bengal)
2 Attack Carriers (2 Jutland)
12 Light Carriers (12 Ranger)
1 Training Carrier (1 Concordia)

This gives Confed a grand total of 34 in service carriers with two under construction as of 2656.001

Edit: Redisignating Bengals as CVS (Strike Carrier) to conform with their description and registries.

Also, I'm adding a new Bengal to the fleet. Heres the newsbrief describing it.

Newest Bengal Rolls of the Line:

Trojan IV shipyards launched their newest carrier over Jupiter today. The next generation of the Bengal class carrier, this ship is suprisingly enough, the TCS Bengal (CVS-17). Many people are puzzled why the famed TCS Tiger's Claw (CV-07) is considered the first Bengal in service. The answer is that the original prototype of the class was the original TCS Bengal (YCVS-6 Prototype Carrier) was destroyed during testing in 2643 when her jump drive malfunctioned after an incorrect setting was inputted. Therefore, Trojan IV presented the next carrier, the Tiger's Claw to Confed and it was accepted as the first Bengal in service. The new Bengal is a league ahead of her counterparts. Boasting new elecronics and avionics, she is the most equpped carrier we have for recon and target detection. She is the first of the Bengals to have the new upgraded phase shields which can repel all standard weapons. This cat also has teeth, sporting 30+ point defence lasers plus 10 torpedo tubes and 5 of the new antimatter guns, she is a floating battleship with firepower about 3/4 of the massive Gettysburg class. Confed will continue to produce one Bengal a year, along with one concordia and two Jutland. The modernazation of the older bengals will commence in one month when the heroic Claw returns from a glorious camopagin in Enigma.

The TCS Bengal entered service in 2619. The TCS Tiger's Claw is the first ship of a major overhaul - which is to be produced from 2644 to 2656, and then replaced henceforth by the Jutland-class at the Trojan IV yards.

You build prototype airplanes and designate them Y. You do not build prototype carriers. Carriers cost billions of credits and take half a decade to put together - you don't waste that on a full out "test ship". A carriers individual components - engines, oxygen systems, etc. will be tested on an individual basis before the actual ship class is built... but you won't have a "test carrier" (just like real life - there's no 'YCV-68 Nimitz':)).

I hadn't even looked at it. My comments follow.

Bengal:
TCS Tiger's Claw CV-07
TCS Kipling CV-08
TCS Beacontree CV-09
TCS Eagle's Talon CV-10
TCS Kyoto CV-11
TCS Lionheart CV-12
TCS Wolfhound CV-13
TCS Trafalgar CV-14
TCS Exeter CV-15
TCS Jackal CV-16

The Trafalgar and the Exeter were both destroyed in 2654.

Concordia:
TCS Agamemnon CVT-3* (Former CV-3, CVT is designated as "Fleet Training Carrier*)
TCS Yorktown CV-17*
TCS Liberty CV-21
TCS Illustrious CV-23*
TCS Freedom CV-24
TCS Jefferson CV-25
TCS Washington CV-26
TCS Truman CV-27
TCS Vinson CV-28
TCS Winterrowd CV-29
TCS Viking CV-30
TCS Viper CV-31
TCS Austerlitz CV-32

Most of these check out. I'm calling nay on the Agamemnon, though - as the name is used by another ship and it doesn't make sense for Confed to have a servicable fleet carrier as a training ship. The TCS Schweinfurt is Confed's training carrier, and I don't see why that would ever change during the war.

Checking further... the TCS Viking doesn't fit with the timeline - it has to enter service in the late sixties for everything to work out properly.

Jutland:

There should be four Jutland-class ships in various stages of construction - and they'll begin to enter service at a rate of one-per-year starting in 2657.

Ranger:
TCS Princeton CVL-37*
TCS Victory CVL-40
TCS San Jacinto CVL-41
TCS Langley CVL-42
TCS Ticonderoga CVL-43
TCS Defiance CVL-44
TCS Petrov CVL-46
TCS Glorious CVL-47
TCS Furious CVL-48
TCS Victorious CVL-49
TCS Wellington CVL-50
TCS Cowpens CVL-51

As a rule, don't use existing names for old ships in fan fiction - no matter how clever a reference you think it is. Princeton, Ticonderoga, San Jacinto and Petrov are taken.

Edit

Carriers in Service-2656

Bengal:
TCS Tiger's Claw CV-07
TCS Kipling CV-08
TCS Beacontree CV-09
TCS Eagle's Talon CV-10
TCS Kyoto CV-11
TCS Lionheart CV-12
TCS Wolfhound CV-13
TCS Jackal CV-16
TCS Cheetah CV-17*

Concordia:

TCS Yorktown CV-17
TCS Liberty CV-21
TCS Illustrious CV-23
TCS Freedom CV-24
TCS Jefferson CV-25
TCS Washington CV-26
TCS Truman CV-27
TCS Vinson CV-28
TCS Winterrowd CV-29
TCS Viper CV-30
TCS Austerlitz CV-32

Jutland:
TCS Gibralter CVA-58 (Under Construction)
TCS Midway CVA-59 (Under Construction)

Ranger:

TCS Victory CVL-40
TCS Bogue CVL-41*
TCS Langley CVL-42
TCS Ticonderoga CVL-43
TCS Defiance CVL-44
TCS Glorious CVL-47
TCS Furious CVL-48
TCS Victorious CVL-49
TCS Wellington CVL-50
TCS Cowpens CVL-51

I have the numbers at:
19 Fleet Carriers (12 Concordia, 7 Bengal)
4 Attack Carriers (2 Jutland)
10 Light Carriers (12 Ranger)

This gives Confed a grand total of 31 in service carriers with four under construction as of 2656.001

TCS Gibralter CVA-58 (Under Construction)

Proper spelling is 'Gibraltar'.

TCS Midway CVA-59 (Under Construction)

To quote myself, one post ago: As a rule, don't use existing names for old ships in fan fiction - no matter how clever a reference you think it is.

Ranger:

TCS Victory CVL-40
TCS Bogue CVL-41*
TCS Langley CVL-42
TCS Ticonderoga CVL-43
TCS Defiance CVL-44
TCS Glorious CVL-47
TCS Furious CVL-48
TCS Victorious CVL-49
TCS Wellington CVL-50
TCS Cowpens CVL-51

Forgot to point this one out last time - CVL is *not* the designation for light carrier in WC. Everything we've seen (WC3 and the WC4 novel) indicate that the Ranger-class gets designated CV.

19 Fleet Carriers (12 Concordia, 7 Bengal)
4 Attack Carriers (2 Jutland)
10 Light Carriers (12 Ranger)

Your addition is faulty.

You now list...

8 Bengals
11 Concordias
4 Jutlands
10 Rangers
0 Training Carriers

... for a total of 33 carriers.

Furthermore...

* The Bengal is not a fleet carrier. It's a strike carrier, which is by definition the opposite of a fleet carrier (in that it generally lacks a fleet).

* Since you're listing four years of 'future' Jutlands for some reason, you should probably also list the eight Concordia-class ships which will enter service in that period of time.

Back