Take a Rapier for a spin!

Eder

Mr. Standoff
Here's something I came up with, using our hi-res Rapier model (not the ingame model). I remember seeing something like this on some WC site (WC in Russia maybe?) a while ago, so I figured I'd make a version of my own. :p

Here's another one of our high detail models for use in pre-rendered stuff:

glad4.png

SO these will be used for what cutscenes, backgrounds, can you show us a screenshot if an example of where they will be used?

They'll be used in pre-rendered stuff like that splash screen we showed off here a while ago (the hi-res Rapier was there). I don't wanna show too much of our pre-rendered stuff to keep them as surprises mostly. :)

At the end of each episode (like UE's password screens, except without passwords), and if I get the time to make an extra one, then yeah, while loading missions.

Looks pretty cool. But the Rapier model's main body and small wings in the front are noteably different to the original.

Not sure which original you mean, man. :p
That Rapier is dead on accurate, based on screenshots from the gameflow scenes in WC2 (since the sprites and even the model used to make them aren't as detailed as the hand-made gameflow scenes).

I've got the original WC2 model...The main body is thinner on that one, and the small fron wings have a slightly different shape. But doesn't matter since with your changes it looks better anyway.

Yeah, no doubt about it...Eder's model is as accurate to the close ups we see in the game as possible. Anything less would be unacceptable. :)

Greetings,remember me ? :confused: hehe

Iam ouf of here for a loooong time and Iam glad that things are getting better and better.Especially Standoff,my fav fan project ;) .

Very good work Eder,I visited your page and d/l every screenshot :) .

Iam very busy the past 2 years but ill find some free time to come back in the WC community .

Wedge009 said:
Very nice!
Thanks. :)
Wedge009 said:
Looks like a lot of effort went into just making those models fit in with the original screenshors in the first place.
Yup, to start with I tried to cram as many WC2 screenshots in the same reference image as possible, so I could make the model as accurate as possible (what you see there are 3 side views of the ship overlayed: the one from the launch screen, the closer-up one from the ejection screen, and the even closer-up one from the "pilot getting ready to launch" screen).

TCSTigersClaw said:
Very good work Eder,I visited your page and d/l every screenshot :) .

Iam very busy the past 2 years but ill find some free time to come back in the WC community .
Glad to see you around again. :)
Keep coming back when you can, someday we'll surprise you by having something more playable than screenshots for you to download. :p

Nice comparison shot Eder. Got to give it to you guys you are being as true to the WC book as you can be...

Back