Super Wingcommander Question

I came across my Super WC manual the other day and while it includes a picture and specs for the Sivar dreadnought you never once see it in the whole game. I've played though Super WC several times including winning all the missions and losing key mission and I've never seen a dreadnought, was this a technical glitch or it wasn't placed into the game for another reason?

I actually came across my version of SWC (actually it was LOAF's but he was kind enough to pass it along to me I don't even know how many years ago) the other day while looking for another game manual. It took a bit to get used to some ships have different graphics for targeting, but once you get past that it's still WC all the way.

I'd love to play SWC someday. I have it at my parent's but I can't remember whether it's the MAC or 3DO version. I think it's the MAC one. One day I'll give that Basilisk emulator a try...

I finally got FreeDO to run, but, although it's running quite well in-game, it's really bad in the Tiger's Claw and the videos. Audio also sucks.
Not to mention it's missing ASPI, so it cannot see the disks...

any tips? I'm using version 1.8

I don't remember a Vigrid System or Sector set of missions which system came before it in the campaign?

Vigrid comes between Valgard and Tartarus (it's the last series of the second campaign). The 15 or so missions before it are the story of tracking down the dreadnaught, though, so you should remember it...

The farthest my copy on power mac ever let me go was the mission where you take out the outpost that designed the Sivar class I'm not sure where that mission set falls in but after I beat that the game ended no sivar or anything.

That's the last mission of the third campaign... tracking down and destroying the Sivar comes before that.

But the thing is that my game seems to have bypassed that part completely. I wonder if my mac was messed up or if the CD didn't read right?

That's very odd. It should begin automatically after you finish the Venice series of the first campaign.

All this SWC talk has caused me to dig out my copy and start a play through...we'll see what happens.

I'll let you know. I encountered a few problems of my own. Namely, the colors in flight are all FUBAR. Yet, are fine on the claw and in all other scenes. I don't think OS X likes SWC because it wants to run in 256 colors and requires that OS X do the same, which I think it is very unhappy about.

But we've got top men on it.

You know something else that sucks in this game though... why does it seem like the lasers on the Dralthi detonate at a certain distance? It makes flying the thing in the last secret missions part so annoying as it can't put up as good a fight as the confed equivalent.

I just dug up my 3D0 last night and played Super Wing Commander again. I know the storyline goes past Secret Missions 1-2. Does anybody know if Super Wing Commander 2 was in development before 3D0 went under?

No work was ever done on a Super Wing Commander 2, though the team did an unspecified amount of work on Wing Commander 4 3DO and Wing Commander 3 M2.

Just how much of Wing Commander IV 3D0 was complete? I had heard that was completed just like SNES Wing Commander II. I wish I could go back in time and release this stuff.

I haven't been able to track down exactly how much was done, but I did speak to several of the developers a year or so ago and none of them remembered much work at all having been finished.

Wing Commander III Saturn was almost done when it was cancelled, though.

Back