Super Wing Commander character pictures?

SpaceDrake

Rear Admiral
Bit of random curiosity... does anyone possess SWA character pictures? It'd be interesting for those of us who never got to play it.

Yes - we don't have them collected anywhere, but if you search the front page of wcnews.com for "SWC Character", all thirteen of them will show up.

Awww, they all look too similar. And Iceman looks like crap. (Interesting re-interpretation of Shotglass, tho.)

Personally, my favorites are Jazz and Knight.

Paladin, Iceman, Halcyon, and Bossman are the only real bad ones, IMHO.

Spartan689 said:
Is it just me or does maniac have a mullet? I think only Doomsday looks any good out of them all.

Is it just me or does Maniac sound suspiciously like Blair (Armstrong), who in turn sounds suspiciously like the player charecter from Strike Commander ;)

I mean the look - brown hair, brown leather jacket, white T-shirt :) my version of Privateer has the guy sounding... hoarse? A really light and almost Clint Eastwood-raspy voice which IMHO did NOT suit the character. But he's cool anyway :) What did the other guy sound like?

Im pretty sure the guy who did Armstrong and Maniacs voice in SWC (i think his name is Jason Triado) did another voice in that game too, possibly Doomsday. Its difficult to tell though, as it actually sounds quite a bit different to his other voices, which all sound pretty much exactly the same.

Jason Triado was the leading character for Strike Commander, no? I remember that name very well from the credits in my SC manual. Which would make the theory true!

gryphon said:
Jason Triado was the leading character for Strike Commander, no? I remember that name very well from the credits in my SC manual. Which would make the theory true!

indeed he was

:D Booya!

And might I add - Kasha.

I have to play Privateer again. Now You've all given me the bug. ;) See You in Oxford!!!

(that is unless someone can make MyJEMM work with SC, which is what I REALLY want to play)

only the mouth and eyes move, but they look realy nice indeed. at least on the 3DO version of swc

The SWC character faces are based on various Origin people, IIRC. I believe Sean Murphy said he was Hunter.

gryphon said:
my version of Privateer has the guy sounding... hoarse? A really light and almost Clint Eastwood-raspy voice which IMHO did NOT suit the character. But he's cool anyway :) What did the other guy sound like?

The CD version guy's voice was kinda nasal-y, and in more than a few lines sounded like he was whining (even if the dialog wasn't a whine).

I didn't care for it, personally. I don't have the floppy version handy to compare the voices, though.

Back