Super WC!!! Yay!!!

Lunitari

Spaceman
Now that there is an emulator capable of playing SWC, I went onto eBay and found a brand new copy of the 3DO SWC for eight dollars. This is gonna rule.

Lunitari, I have been eyeing that on ebay since the listing started. I have been testing out Freedo to make sure I could get it to work. I was just getting ready to "Buy it now" and you beat me to it. I guess I "snoozed and losed". Congrats! Let me know if you get it to work with the emulator.

Gunslinger2 said:
I was just getting ready to "Buy it now" and you beat me to it. I guess I "snoozed and losed". Congrats! Let me know if you get it to work with the emulator.

You betcha. I have no doubts that you will find a copy on eBay. There have been many times where I have seen a copy on eBay and thought to myself, "Hmmm....I ought to pick that up, even though I don't own a Mac or a 3DO." I have learned in the past few years though, since the "era of the emulator" began, that you just pick it up anyhow. You just never know. :D

Yeah, I hope you guys all got your copies of Armada. That's a great one that we couldn't play at all a year ago.

Thanks for the tip AKAlmBatman. Chris, I have Armada and am ready to play it online. I do have a question about it, though. I play armada on an old Pentium based machine in DOS. Assuming I have DOS network drivers to connect to my DSL modem, will I be able to play online? Or do I have to use DOSbox on a WinXP machine for the online patch to work?

Gunslinger2 said:
Thanks for the tip AKAlmBatman. Chris, I have Armada and am ready to play it online. I do have a question about it, though. I play armada on an old Pentium based machine in DOS. Assuming I have DOS network drivers to connect to my DSL modem, will I be able to play online? Or do I have to use DOSbox on a WinXP machine for the online patch to work?

No, I don't know how a DSL modem would operate in DOS with respect to Armada, but I don't think it would be the necessary environment. HCl patch is meant for DOSBox on a modern Windows machine. Note that it is not Armada that is playable online yet, just the Proving Grounds dogfights.

Oookay, just bought the damn thing. Now I have SWC, yay! BTW, bought me a copy of WC SM 1 for SNES for 10 dollars the other day.

Now I just need the PSX and 3DO versions of WC 3 and 4. and WC1 SNES... sigh.

Back