Starwars: Battlefront

Joker057

Spaceman
I was wondering if any of you have been playing Battlefront online and on what platform. I have been playing it on PC for two months already and it has completely replaced Halo for myself and my gamer buddy. We will be setting up a server called "==Saipan==" If anyone wants to play some kickass Starwars battles. I was also wondering what factions and classes people like to be. The only units i dont like using are Imperial darktroopers and Clone pilots. This thread is now open for discussion.

I greatly enjoy this game. Sadly, I had to get it for PS2 since my computer can't run it. I do love the harbor on the Wookie homeworld and Rhen Var, as well as the Bespin "city" level.

Battlefront is pretty fun I think, I play it for xbox since pc can't handle it. Better than Halo? Not by a long shot but the game is still a great deal of fun. However there are virtually no good servers out there for the xbox so every game with more than 4 people is laggy as crap and quickly ruins the experience.

Halo is awfully overrated. UT2004 does a better job at everything Halo attempts.

And yes, the servers suck. The moment one guy with a low-end broadband connection logs on, it goes to hell.

I play Battlefront on the PS2, and have had a blast each time I play. I just wish the aircraft flew better. Still, when you play it with a good group, it rivals both SOCOM II and Halo 2 for online gameplay. The framerate can get pretty bad though... :( Anyway my name on Battlefront is Chatterbox in case anyone sees me.

i've played battlefront at a friend. it's fun too play, but's a true multuplayer game. playing against bots sucks (same as more of those battlefield 1942 inspired games)

I play it on the Xbox but I've never played it online. Still, I think its a pretty cool game. Some of the maps are frustrating, but I like it for a shooter where you dont have to worry much about a plot, but would rather just be part of a large battle.

I have to agree that good servers are few and far between. We don't usually join anything with more than ten people online. Any more than that, and youre shooting at ghosts. Xplay gave the game a 3 out of 5 but if you love Starwars you'd love this game. My favorite map would have to be Kamino or Cloud City. There are already quite a few mods available with new maps and even a Jabbas Palace map. In my opinion it is more of a novelty. The sides are very inbalanced. Whoever starts inside in the dungeon is at a huge disadvantage. Battles dont last much longer than a few minutes in Jabbas Palace. I'm hooked on the game, there are a few things that could be improved such as the multi player online and the flight controls for the fighters.

Give it time. Star Wars games always seem to get more mods than any other genre. Its the whole reason I want to get Battlefront for PC - well, that and because the sniper rifle sucks without a mouse/keyboard setup.

i played it on xbox and thoroughly enjoyed it.

but, i did get bored of the maps quite quickly. not enough of them.

i also thought some of the vehicles weren't interesting.

There is a bunch of new maps and mods now available. A much bigger Hoth map that is way more true to the movie. The darktroopers have been improved. There is a new patch available 1.2. The game is improving. We now have a dedicated server here in Saipan and we play often. Drop in! We've been playing only the new maps. Server name is "Saipan" Not too many human players to keep the game running smoothly. Its seems that if there are more than 12 players on a server it kinda lags, hard. Ready when you are! Peace.

Back