Startrek Invasion

I love Star Trek Invasion.

On most Star Trek Forums, I've got a Pic of a Valkyrie Fighter as my Avatar.

I don't think it qualifies as a ST game per se, since it seems so fighter based and a little off-kilter. But man, is it one hell of a good play, esp considering how late in the PS1's timeline it was released.

The particle effects are also quite impressive, esp in the final mission. The "Inside The Borg Ship" level is a bitch though.

It was ok...but really the only thing it has to do with Star Trek is the label and characters and factions, aside from that...it's Colony Wars 4.

Originally posted by T8H3X11
It was ok...but really the only thing it has to do with Star Trek is the label and characters and factions, aside from that...it's Colony Wars 4.

Except that Colony Wars sucked hard.

Same here; I agree, TopGun. Colony Wars ownz! Unlike most Colony Wars fans, though, I hail Vengeance as the best one. Kron was the man :cool:

Originally posted by Raptor leader
Anyone ever play Star Trek Invasion for Playstation 1.What are your thoughts on the game.

Say, didn't Denise Crosby do voice acting in it? I think I remember hearing she was going to be in a Star Wars game.

Originally posted by TopGun
I like the music of the Colony Wars games

The first two games had great music. The first Colony Wars has the best music in the series! Red Sun's tunes, I feel, are... uninspired.

I got Star Trek Invasion a couple days ago. I believe monday and I have all 3 Colony Wars but have been able to only bet the Original and Vegeance w/o using a game Gameshark or Cheat Codes.

My fav was Vegeance as well.

Invasion is awsome the U.S.S. Typhon reminds me of the CVE T.C.S. Tarawa for some odd reason.

(hears the call of the Trekky)
Yeah I feel sorry for Crosby she really thought American Gladiators would become a big big hit.

Originally posted by Valor NR
Yeah I feel sorry for Crosby she really thought American Gladiators would become a big big hit.

What about Knights & Warriors? HAHAHA! Does anyone remember that "gem?" It was American Gladiators with a medieval twist. It was more humorous than anything, really. Well, I got some good laughs out of it.

Gladiators? You mean that sports entertainment show? I remember when that was here in Australia. It was so huge at first, and despite injuries and a loss of interest it lasted for a good several years.

With Denise Crosby, I liked her in her role as Tasha Yar, and I like her blunt honesty when it comes to people like, say, William 'Get a Life' Shatner and those who refuse autographs. But I think her best moment was when she was on Trekkies, in what, to me, is the single best moment in Star Trek ever. You may remember me saying it before, but Denise Crosby was on a radio show, and a caller phones in and talks about the show, specifically the one entitled Skin of Evil, in which Denise Crosby's character was killed off. This guy says how on the same day that episode aired, his father died. Denise had the deepest sympathy for him, as he told of how the show had helped him come to terms with his loss. That, as well as Montgomery Scott's actor (can't remember his name, Doohan I think) helping someone who was going to commit suicide, were to me the greatest Star Trek moments ever.

Originally posted by Phillip Tanaka
Gladiators? You mean that sports entertainment show? I remember when that was here in Australia. It was so huge at first...

Yeah, it was pretty big for a time in the States, too. It was mostly just hype and it soon faded into obscurity. No one can deny, though, its short-lived popularity.

Back