Starlancer VS Wingcommander

Status
Not open for further replies.
well as they are on about the same tech level who would win, would the loosing side be able to tech up and become equall

witch universe has the better looking ships, what side would you be on

witch is the best Starlancer fighter vs the best Wincommander one?

#3 of the Board Rules:

3) Due to the near-certainty of "(something) vs (something)" threads stirring up flames/discord, especially if they involve other sci-fi universes, such threads are specifically banned.

Yep, like Phoenix pointed out, try to avoid X vs Y threads.

Besides, trying to compare ships between two different universes set many years appart is impossible...

but on another note...

I have an option to buy Starlancer new for AUD$50 (roughly US$25).

Should I get it? Or will it be too much of a disappointment for me? I've only got a few more days of holidays before I have to go back to uni.

And when's Freelancer coming out?

well Star Lancer is a cool game, but i go all the way on WC universer, if you want to buy SL but it, is cool, if you don't like it, well keep it, is that game was created by Chris Robert, the Father of Wing Commander, the ENgien es cool, the ships look good, but the story..... well better see it for your self.

WING COMMANDER ALL THE WAY MAN!!!!

BTW I hear rummos of a WC TC for StarLancer...

Re: but on another note...

Originally posted by redwolf
I have an option to buy Starlancer new for AUD$50 (roughly US$25).

Should I get it? Or will it be too much of a disappointment for me? I've only got a few more days of holidays before I have to go back to uni.

And when's Freelancer coming out?

It have an excellent engine, the story is a little crapy but a lot of hard missions, to me StarLancer is a Torp. Hunting Game,When it cames to sales 2 years ago aprox. i said that was a bad game but after buying and played many days and finished, is an excellent one !!! (not like WC :) )
Buy it, if you can !!!!

Starlancer is more like Freespace. Great graphics and game play but weak story line. No interacting with charaters. No desicion making or walking around the ship. If your looking for game like WC, starlancer does not cut it.

well u want to play a game that really suck, try BAMG! Gunship elite, is a space sim, good graphis but no great, and lack o story

Bought it! (By the way I'm in Perth)

And I am happy I bought it! Its such a great game! The only thing I would have to say is that its plot is fairly weak. However, it is still stronger than Freespace's (and I actually quite liked FS)

The graphics are fine...the gameplay is dare I say it, better than WCP's. The cutscenes during missions remind me a lot of Prophecy too.

Hey its no WCIV, but the gameplay sure makes up for shortcomings in plot! Another happy customer! (so why did it do so poorly in sales?)

I always figured Star was basically a teaser for Freelancer...then again, the plot doesn't seem to be much better in that one either...

I only read a game magazine, which made an optimistic prophecy for Freelancer's release. They wrote it could be ready in second quarter 2002. So April till June 2002....but as we know it mostly becomes later....so it was optimistic. But just something.

Well, even if Starlancer missed out a great chance of becoming a classic, it still is a great game. To me it's the best space sim after Prophecy, and any CR production will always have my approval.
What's worries me is the time that they are taking to release Freelancer (and I've heard somewhere that CR is not part of that time anymore).
For example, Daikatana was the game that everybody was expecting to be Quake 4 or something, after all, John Romero was the creator. It took years to be made but in the end it came out being a true BS game.

Since this type of thread is specifically *banned* there isn't really much I can do but close it...

TC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back