Starlancer bug

iCe

Vice Admiral
a finaly bought starlancer, but i have a bug. when i'm playing the game suddenly throws me out. is there a patch or something to solve this?

People can ask whatever questions they'd like, within reason. It's more a matter of what people are qualified to give help with.

A ok TC I just thought that was for Wing Commander -only and related stuff.OK then no prob ;)

i'm runnig under windows ME

specs:
PIV 1,7 Ghz
256MB DDR
G-Force 2 400MMX

i think that's enough to know right?

Could be the sound

Try putting your settings on no 3dsound some times when people have 3d sound on there sound card cant do it and it crashs the game.
Blackwolf

theblackwulf said:
Try putting your settings on no 3dsound some times when people have 3d sound on there sound card cant do it and it crashs the game.
Blackwolf

By chance I saw this post and was able to get Starlancer running on my XP machine. Microsoft suggest a conflict between sharing a USB pointing device and the sound card on the same irq. I tried there suggestions but it didn't seem to help with the crashing. Disabling the 3dsound (setting it to none) did the trick though. Thank you blackwolf for the suggestion

I have the same problem with Starlancer...

Last time it kicked me out of the game without warning, I didn't play it again...

I'll try turning off 3D sound.

Ive got Starlancer Running on win 98...
But it does not run under win 2000 or xp home....
tried compatibuility modes but it did not help me out...
Some suggetions???

Back