Star Wars Trailer

Yeah, the scene was shot with all the others. Unfortunately, George Lucas didnt exactly know what he wanted Jabba to look like yet, so they cut out the clip from the final product. Then when he had Jabba the way he wanted in ROTJ, he was able to digitally recreate that look for the original ANH scene and re-incorporate the scene. :D

TopGun said:
Well Jabba was originally going to appear in A New Hope

That doesn't change anything though. Nor does it substantiate why Boba Fett is in Episode IV now. It's just stupid "fanservice".

How come in Episode 2 the clone army are clones of Jango Fett? I would think that a race obsessed with genetics and cloning would be more interested in a candidate with a purer bloodline. It just didn't make any sense to me why they would choose this guy. And you can't tell me it was for his abilities since he seemed horribly inept at getting anything done.

And why if he was a mercenary would he hire another mercenary to do his work for him?

Shipgate said:
How come in Episode 2 the clone army are clones of Jango Fett? I would think that a race obsessed with genetics and cloning would be more interested in a candidate with a purer bloodline. It just didn't make any sense to me why they would choose this guy. And you can't tell me it was for his abilities since he seemed horribly inept at getting anything done.

And why if he was a mercenary would he hire another mercenary to do his work for him?

It's star wars. Is it supposed to make sense? :p

Shipgate said:
How come in Episode 2 the clone army are clones of Jango Fett?

Because Jango is a badass.

Shipgate said:
I would think that a race obsessed with genetics and cloning would be more interested in a candidate with a purer bloodline.

Purer bloodline? You sound like a cheap non-union mexican rip-off of Tolwyn.

Shipgate said:
And you can't tell me it was for his abilities since he seemed horribly inept at getting anything done.

Jango did great at everything actually. Name one thing he screwed up on aside from fighting Mace.

I'm guess I'm just used to the science fiction idea of when someone has breeding or cloning programs that they are very concerned with bloodlines. Maybe I've read too much of Herbert though.

One thing I can think of that Fett screwed up at was that he let Obi just sort of walk freely around this secret complex and ask lots of questions then he allowed him to get away. Is that not sheer ineptitude?

I dont understand your "pure blood" arguement agaisnt Jango. He is a pureblood Mandalorian, a race that was undefeatable before they met the Jedi. Plus, Boba Fett, known as the best Bounty Hunter in the galaxy, is an exact genetic replica of Jango. I'd say he was an excellent choice. One other thing, Jango was chosen by Count Dooku himself to be the host, so he must be good to be chosen by a Sith Lord.

That makes more sense then I guess. I didn't remember anything about Mandalorians. Then could you help explain my eariler post regarding Palpatine and how he managed to become an all powerful fighter?

Well its quite obvious that Palpatine had to be more powerful than both Dooku and Vader, due to the rule of the Sith: The strongest always rule. If either one of them had the capabilities needed to kill him, they would have, and taken his title for themselves. So based on that rule, he would have to be able to beat them in a fight.

Beyond the story, I think Lucas originally intended Palpatine's true power to be in manipulation, as I and several others have stated. But once he began making the prequels, he realized that someone would HAVE to confront Palpatine at some point, so it only made sense that Palpatine be able to beat the Jedi in any aspect of combat. Being either raw force power or fighting skills, in this case, both.

Shipgate said:
I'm guess I'm just used to the science fiction idea of when someone has breeding or cloning programs that they are very concerned with bloodlines.

One of the dumbest, most common problems with science fiction is "cloning". Those stories either manifest themselves in a.) Lack Of Indentity stories or b.) OMG everyone hates the clone because he's not the original person!1!!one!

Sarty said:
Well its quite obvious that Palpatine had to be more powerful than both Dooku and Vader, due to the rule of the Sith: The strongest always rule. If either one of them had the capabilities needed to kill him, they would have, and taken his title for themselves. So based on that rule, he would have to be able to beat them in a fight.

Beyond the story, I think Lucas originally intended Palpatine's true power to be in manipulation, as I and several others have stated. But once he began making the prequels, he realized that someone would HAVE to confront Palpatine at some point, so it only made sense that Palpatine be able to beat the Jedi in any aspect of combat. Being either raw force power or fighting skills, in this case, both.

Palpatine has to use Cloned bodies to survive because the dark side takes its tole on him

TopGun said:
Palpatine has to use Cloned bodies to survive because the dark side takes its tole on him

According to the non-movie novels, IIRC, which makes them (and that fact) irrelevant to the official SW universe history.

Sarty said:
...due to the rule of the Sith: The strongest always rule. If either one of them had the capabilities needed to kill him, they would have, and taken his title for themselves.
I'm not familiar with the "official" stories behind Star Wars so I'm not sure if this is true. If it is though, it seems that Darth Vader likely killed the Emporer not because he turned back from the dark side (like some propose), but because he had an opportunity to kill the ruler and take the title for himself. That would make sense out of the comment (paraphrased) "Once you go down the path of the dark side, forever will it dominate your destiny". Which would make me wonder why Luke gave Vader a proper Jedi funeral.

No, Vader did turn from the dark side. Just as he told Luke "You were right about me". He said that because nobody but Luke, including Yoda and Obi-wan, believed that Vader could become good again. Plus if he hadnt turned back to the light, his ghost wouldnt have showed up at the end, at least not as Anakin.

My interpretation was the fact that his (Anakin's) ghost appeared with the ghost's of both Obi-Wan and Yoda showed that he would remain part of the force as a jedi, just like his previous masters.

LeHah said:
Because Jango is a badass.

No argument there.

LeHah said:
Jango did great at everything actually. Name one thing he screwed up on aside from fighting Mace.

Well he did bump his head on his way to Slave-1. Oh and there was that whole not killing Obi-Wan thing.

You cant really fault him for not killing Obi-Wan, he is a Jedi after all.

luminon said:
My interpretation was the fact that his (Anakin's) ghost appeared with the ghost's of both Obi-Wan and Yoda showed that he would remain part of the force as a jedi, just like his previous masters.

thats what I was saying, he turned from the dark side, hence why his ghost showed up at the Ewok party.

Back