Star Wars: Empire at War

Amazing how you chose to ignore the rest of my thread. So what makes you "better" than me?? Post count perhaps??. or perhaps because you've been here longer maybe??

I'd be glad for you to enlighten me on the subject, or better yet, to continue this perhaps PM might be more appropriate instead of highjacking ELTEE' thread any further.

Everyone should stop being stupid and start talking about Star Wars now.

Check it out, they're finally going to make an Admiral Ackbar Lego minifig: http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/7754_Home_One_Mon_Calamari_Star_Cruiser

YAAAY!!! ACKBAR!!!

... seriously I don't understand this. Lucas made Star Wars to be enjoyed by all. Why is it that there are so many angry star wars fans out there?

(Actually Lucas made the films to made a shit load of money, but you get the point.)

I liked the EaW expansion more than EaW itself. But that was because I thought the storyline in the expansion was so much better.

Unfortunately to me EaW is a game that is fun to play through once and then it ends up on the bookshelf. Unless you find some friends to play multiplayer with.

I liked the EaW expansion more than EaW itself. But that was because I thought the storyline in the expansion was so much better.

Unfortunately to me EaW is a game that is fun to play through once and then it ends up on the bookshelf. Unless you find some friends to play multiplayer with.

I disagree at least with the expansion, i;ve played it over several times.

I guess I'm one of those few who like it. The AI is pretty simplistic at lower levels, which is where you want to play it on the Hard level...you start getting beat over the head almost immediately, at least if you play either the Empire at War or Galactic Conquest maps. Different planets have different challenges...some can be easy and some can be a bear. I've played EaW more than the FoC expansion for the strategy portion, mainly because I can't stand having to use half your time (and money) getting rid of corruption if you're playing against the Consortium.

Orbital bombardments are available in the FoC campaign missions, as long as you have a cap ship in orbit, though they take much longer to recharge than the bombing flyovers.

Anyway, on the original EaW, I've played it more than a few times, and you really have to be on your toes in quite a few places, else the AI will club you over the head hard and fast. And I don't know about anyone else, but I like that kind of challenge.

Multiplayer is a lot better with the FoC expansion. There's more to play with in terms of units...though there's a pretty heavy imbalance if the player with the Empire is able to build both the DS II AND the Executor. Get this pair into a system, and it's almost a guaranteed win for the Empire in the space portion. After that, hey, why bother with the ground forces? BAM! One planet chewed up. Next!

I liked it, and still play it from time to time.

I thought EaW was pretty darn cool. I could play the open-ended galactic conquest maps all day. Nothing like seeing Mon Calamari Crusiers get blown to bits and seeing those self-righteous Rebels in full retreat. the camera could be quirky, but i thought it worked well 95% of the time. FoC was a little disappointing. I think some of the units should have already been included in EaW. The new pirate faction is fun to play though. Plus there are some pretty cool mods out there that give more ships such as Tie Phantoms and the Eclipse SSD and Venator SD and up the population cap in battle. It is pretty simplistic, but I'm not going to complain too much. I really enjoy it.

I thought EaW was pretty darn cool. I could play the open-ended galactic conquest maps all day. Nothing like seeing Mon Calamari Crusiers get blown to bits and seeing those self-righteous Rebels in full retreat. the camera could be quirky, but i thought it worked well 95% of the time. FoC was a little disappointing. I think some of the units should have already been included in EaW. The new pirate faction is fun to play though. Plus there are some pretty cool mods out there that give more ships such as Tie Phantoms and the Eclipse SSD and Venator SD and up the population cap in battle. It is pretty simplistic, but I'm not going to complain too much. I really enjoy it.

I loved the missions with Admiral Thrawn... they portrayed him well in the game. Like nothing EVER bothered him at all even when his ship was coming apart.

I found EAW and FOC fun yet short. So in need to satisfy my SW hunger I went looking for mods and found z3r0x's FoC Addon (V3.5)http://empireatwar.filefront.com/file/z3r0xs_FoC_Addon;77903.
Adds tons of Star Wars units and few cut out content, some of the units can be gained only by controlling certain key planets. I specially liked the clone wars era stuff but some of the next generation stuff was nice to.

I've played it. It's okay. Nothing special, really, the Star Wars theme is good but it doesn't make a game. Honestly, Sins of a Solar Empire is the best thing going in that particular genre right now, I'd look at that instead if I were you.

I've played it. It's okay. Nothing special, really, the Star Wars theme is good but it doesn't make a game. Honestly, Sins of a Solar Empire is the best thing going in that particular genre right now, I'd look at that instead if I were you.

I like Sins alot - I just need more practice with it. I still find the interface difficult to master. It's a bit of a struggle for me to effectively keep track of all of my fleets.

That said, it is definitely a very rewarding game to play.

Back