Standoff's future...?

-danr-

Vice Admiral
Dear producers. Sorry to start a new thread if this has already been discussed, have been routing through the forum and can't seem to find anything on this subject, and I'm curious, are you guys done with Standoff now? Can we expect more?

I'm not talking about campaigns past the battle of Earth, I mean are there long-term plans to introduce new mission add-ons for the existing package? Or possibly ship add-ons, new lines, general mods to enhance the (already brilliant) plot experience?

If so, I'd suggest opening a suggestions box on this forum to see what SO fans would like to see now that the project is completed.

I'd understand if you're planning to draw a line under it now, after all, you've tirelessly invested years of your time into this project, (heroically) unpaid and made something that even unchanged, will be one of the greatest fan mods of all time.

Standoff will be 100% done when we finish the last touches on the Sim missions. (Mostly sim 6...all the others are at this stage complete). At this point that's the last remaining thing that needs to be completed. The campaign is 100% complete and no changes/additions will be made to it. Pierre and Kris just finished up the new scoreboard stuff (I'm curious to see how long it takes everyone to find all the achievements we put in there :p ) and the last thing that needs to be done is to finish some things with Sim 6.

So to answer your question, Standoff is complete and don't expect any large changes. The only thing that would probably be added is additional bug fixes if problems arise.

...and that full ep1-5 package I kept delaying because of the bugs I had to fix, and because we originally intended to include a fix in it for the history terminal's entries not always in the right order; that fix would render the savegames incompatible with the existing ones.

Standoff will be 100% done when we finish the last touches on the Sim missions. (Mostly sim 6...all the others are at this stage complete).

I was wondering about that. The September 7th news (1.29 patch) said that all sim missions except 6 were now scoreboard enabled, but I don't see missions 3 or 4 on the scoreboard page either. I'm looking forward to playing the new missions but I'll wait until they show up on the scoreboard in case I get lucky. ;)

Oh sorry, I should have been more clear about that. Sim missions 3 and 4 are enabled, but they'll only award mission ribbons and stars. The design of these missions made it impossible to implement a decent scoring system where there would be place for competition - we would have been forced to scrap the mission altogether and make new ones. We kinda like these missions and wouldn't scrap them just for the sake of the scoreboard.

Would it be possible to add to the scoreboard a feature to view a list of all the latest scoreboard entries from the past few days or so with the highest scores at the top of the list? At the moment it's pretty hard to see who's actively participating at the moment and what new scores have been achieved recently.

Would it be possible to add to the scoreboard a feature to view a list of all the latest scoreboard entries from the past few days or so with the highest scores at the top of the list? At the moment it's pretty hard to see who's actively participating at the moment and what new scores have been achieved recently.

That's doable. We used to have this on the front page where we have the Wiki contributions now.

Back