Standard SO-Ships in SO-Simulator

Der_Andi

Rear Admiral
Hi,
i just installed the Simulator for Secret Ops.
But there are only the Black Fighters. How do i get the normal fighters from Secret Ops back?

Andi

The "Black" ships are the "normal" SO ships. :)

Really?
In SO, the vampire's guns are Pls Particle and Tachyon.
In Simulator, the (black) vamp has Ion and Tachyon.

In SO, the wasp's guns are Dust Cannon and Cloud Burst.
In Simulator, the (black) wasp has, oh! ... Ion and Tachyon, too.

See?
I prefer the "white" fighter versions. ;)

Andi

That must be either a mistake or deliberate choice taken by whoever wrote the simulator, cause the Black ships *are* the ones you fly in SO... Quarto or Pete would know more about it, though.

That must be either a mistake or deliberate choice taken by whoever wrote the simulator, cause the Black ships *are* the ones you fly in SO... Quarto or Pete would know more about it, though.

Well, i downloaded Secret Ops from the official site some years ago.
These new weapons (burstfire, pls particle, dust cannon, chain ion) have already been implemented. The bugs got new weapons, too...
The moray's laser doesn't look like a green ion beam any more. The form of it's 'projectile' looks like very green... snot. :D
And the Skate's have yellow-orange snot...

Burstfire & Chain-Ion
Moray's Snot-Laser

sorry all the talk about green snot makes me think of independnce day, " oh no you did not shoot that green @#$% at me!!!"

Well, i downloaded Secret Ops from the official site some years ago.
These new weapons (burstfire, pls particle, dust cannon, chain ion) have already been implemented. The bugs got new weapons, too...
The moray's laser doesn't look like a green ion beam any more. The form of it's 'projectile' looks like very green... snot. :D
And the Skate's have yellow-orange snot...

Burstfire & Chain-Ion
Moray's Snot-Laser

I hate the SO versions of fighter weapons. They seem to have different firing and recharge rates, plus the ion cannon on the Panther (which seems to be the most populous fighter in the game in terms of number of times you fly the damned thing) takes for-friggin-ever to reach the target. The exception is the SO Wasp and the Dust Cannon it carries. Fast, deadly and powerful. Eats up the gun charge like a mother, but it's well worth it.

In SO, the vampire's guns are Pls Particle and Tachyon.
In Simulator, the (black) vamp has Ion and Tachyon.

In SO, the wasp's guns are Dust Cannon and Cloud Burst.
In Simulator, the (black) wasp has, oh! ... Ion and Tachyon, too.

Oh, I understand -- you have the designations mixed up. It's the Black Wasp which has the Dust Cannon and the Cloud Burst... and the regular one that has the Ion and Tachyon (and then the Black Vampire has the Pulse Particle, the regular has the Ion Cannon).

The 'white' ships do appear in WCSO (which is probably why they're in the sim), but the player flies the Special Ops 'black' versions.

I believe the Nephilim guns are actually the same as in WCP -- they just got pretty new graphics.

ok, i fly black fighters in SO and 'white' fighters in simulator.
What is necessary, to fly the black fighters in simulator, too?

The available ships to fly in the sim are hardcoded into the EXE, and since the Secret Ops EXE was compiled after sligthly altering Prophecy's source, the ships you get to fly in SO are the same as Prophecy... so if you really want to fly other ships the easiest thing you can do yourself is to hex edit the EXE to replace the ship filename for the other variant.

Back