Special Operations 1 - The final mission

Falcon988

Commodore
I can't seem to live even long enough to hit either of the Fralthra with a torpedo. Last time I got close but it fired an anti-matter shot at me point blank, threw off my lock, and knocked out computer systems making it impossible to attain another lock. I never was able to beat this mission the last time I played WC2 either, but now I'm determined to do it. I just keep getting blown out of space on the torp runs. Anyone have any tips on how to beat this one?

Get your lock from waaay back and use your afterburners to dodge antimatter shots. If you start moving as soon as they shoot and you're still a good ways out, you can evade without any worries and still keep lock. Once you've got lock, dodge an AM volley and then afterburn straight in, release as close as possible. Repeat *4.

In theory I think you could line up the two ships and hope that the further ship hits the in-between Fralthra with an AMG. And then if you managed to do that again, you'd only have to strike with two total torpedoes.

In theory that's possible - to me though it seems like that the two Fralthra are always chasing after you head-on, in line-abreast formation. Makes "friendly fire" difficult to set up...

Has anybody tried to lure the two ships back to the Concordia? Might take days if not hours, though...

ChrisReid said:
In theory I think you could line up the two ships and hope that the further ship hits the in-between Fralthra with an AMG. And then if you managed to do that again, you'd only have to strike with two total torpedoes.

If memory serves, I tried that with the original disk version, but the AMG would not damage the other Fraltha. After multiple shots, apparently they had no damage.

Back