space marshall

Zebum

Spaceman
Who were the space marshalls during the kilrathi war, i am wondering because at the end of wc3 Tolwyn signs the surrender but surley a space marshall would do that, not just an admiral.

Tolwyn signed because he was the Commander of the Fleet that ended the war. He didn't have anything to do with the project that did said bombing but he was in command. Plus, the Kilrathi have a habit of idolizing Tolwyn.

Didn't General McArthur accept the Japanese surrender at the end of WW2 aboard the Missouri? I'm sure there were higher ranking officers than him.

Didn't General McArthur accept the Japanese surrender at the end of WW2 aboard the Missouri? I'm sure there were higher ranking officers than him.

Originally posted by redwolf

Aye, it's suppose to be a kind of "mirror" event. Also, speaking from the writer's viewpoint, is making Tolwyn eat crow: His fleet won the war, but not because of him...

Between the two, I'd still pick Tolwyn. Sure, I don't agree with his Nazi-rific views by the end of WC4, but he's still a tragic character. Imagine your family being wiped out in the war you're facilitating, saving all of humanity but them, and then forced to shame by losing a multi-trillion dollar superweapon, only to have an old ally come from behind and finish the job you could not! :(

Originally posted by redwolf

Exuse me but McArthur was one of the 10 5 star flag rankers of the war. Mcarthur was the highest ranking US general/admiral besides Marshal who was the chief of staff

Banbridge was the highest ranking officer for pretty much the entire war, but he wasnt necessarily a "space marshal". I never heard of him referred to as such.

Originally posted by LeHah
Between the two, I'd still pick Tolwyn. Sure, I don't agree with his Nazi-rific views by the end of WC4, but he's still a tragic character. Imagine your family being wiped out in the war you're facilitating, saving all of humanity but them, and then forced to shame by losing a multi-trillion dollar superweapon, only to have an old ally come from behind and finish the job you could not! :(

I think that was Battle of Terra which changed the man.
In Fleet Action he goes save Tarawa without premission
"beacuse they are my men." Then he sees how politicans
mess things up and almoust looses Kevin beacuse
of that. No wonder that he didn´t trust democracy any
more and sided with nazis.

Ehhh. Needn't be. You can also try to change democraty, to change/fight the circumstances whom killed your family and/or become politician to make it better. At the moment I see many people going into politics, because they don't like the politics of the moment and want to change it. The best way is to become also politician.
So it was the way he had chosen. But not everybody whom was in an equal situation did choose the 'bad' way. Their belief became stronger, because it were the forces against democraty which killed their family away etc. They just wanted to fight the bad forces not the democraty itself.

There's not always a space marshall -- Banbridge was a regular Admiral, and he commanded the fleet... IIRC, the only Space Marshalls were Gregarov (who died in '54) and Tolwyn after the war.

Back