Some models...

Line paneling is done using photoshop's line vector and afterwards I run a script I created when I first started updating my models. I built it as I was designing it (there was times I had to stop recording, back-up, delete the last part of the script when I realized it didn't look good) otherwise I would have forgotten how I created that. Honestly I don't even remember half the stuff in the script anymore, it's been several years since I built it.

Rivets are made using the simple text-to-path tool and pasted in. Simply load up notepad and create a quick pattern [period, space, space, space, period, space, space] copy and then paste is over and over again, then copy the whole thing to use.

As for the details I have a blank psd file that contains the background metal texture and one of each of the detail types (the small grills, the large grills, the red caution triangles, the round grills....etc) each in their own group and that group either under a "Bump" group or "Nonbump" group. The groups are visible but the object itself isn't. When it comes time to use them, I simply make it visible and simply alt-shift to make duplicates where-ever I want them to be.

As for the shine, normal making that's all automated via script.

The Stiletto upgraded.
o37s.jpg

u0gt.jpg

g72r.jpg

4ols.jpg

Last edited:
Just plain awesome...

I always wonder, how long it takes to model a spacecraft like this.
Is it days or more like months?

It's really cool. Great work. So many models from 2011 till now :) I watched all the thread by single breath.
Very few people have enough enthusiasm to continue work for a long term :) Take off my hat.

So, as I understand it's some kind of mix original ships with real and fictional. Am I right? Is it used somewhere in games? Maybe I missed it when looking at images :)
Thanks for reply.

Just plain awesome...

I always wonder, how long it takes to model a spacecraft like this.
Is it days or more like months?
Some take a week or two, some take forever. Some I get just so far into it and then hit a brick wall and get stuck on the hard drive until I finally figure out what to do with it (a few date back to pre-2008 ugh). Quite a few of these are just back-logged that need to be either updated or just finished. I think I'm finally starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel for Confed ships, about 20 or so left. Then about another 20 or so cat ships, those are harder to find inspirational ideas for.

It's really cool. Great work. So many models from 2011 till now :) I watched all the thread by single breath.
Very few people have enough enthusiasm to continue work for a long term :) Take off my hat.

So, as I understand it's some kind of mix original ships with real and fictional. Am I right? Is it used somewhere in games? Maybe I missed it when looking at images :)
Thanks for reply.
There's a mixture of real life fighters (like the F-5) to those of WC. I haven't really branched out to other universes yet. A few of them are from other people's model dumps that I have given a second life. Since the Privateer 2 and that very large wc1-4 model dump was released that gave me plenty of things to pick through.

I'm exporting the models for the freespace engine (be it SCP or saga doesn't matter). I'm guessing they're too detailed for the old Prophecy engine, but I don't see why they couldn't work with Star Citizen. Star's models are far more detailed than mine.

I haven't really branched out to other universes yet.
It seems, you have enough ships to start new Galactic War :) Just some enemy ships are needed.

Do you animate them? Hangar doors open-closing, rotating turrets, opening cockpits etc...

Add a modified super hornet to the list (extra tail fins and third laser gun on the underside) to give it a little bit more detail. The original model was quite flat and a bit boring.
dfe5.jpg

6vmg.jpg

And the P3D model version:
http://p3d.in/39VWr

That design seems familiar to the SWC Hornet. I especially like the new stabilizers. It did look like it needed a little more love. :D

Gorgeous. Makes me want to jump in right out of my desk :)

I like that p3d viewer. Did not know it before. I already spent probably too much time spinning and zooming that rig...

How easy is it actually, to transport the model between FS2_Open and P3D?
And - if you don't mind keep on bugging you - what is your modelling software of choice?

Great work. As usual.
But... as for me it have too large cockpit versus three small engines :) Looks like a toy not a warmachine.

I like your ships. You have good mapping skills.

Here is a Heretic I did only took me 6 hours....Cocpit complete with pilot. I wish I could figure out how to map like you.

Attachments

• Heretic.jpg
    Heretic.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 158
Last edited:
No, I'm not dead, just had some personal issues to deal with... :(

I've only gotten one ship done, the Tallie and have been looking at retexturing and updetailing the fighters. :)
xjOtv6e.jpg

nCYVSBz.jpg

NQ0nX9f.jpg

B2Ny4mS.jpg

No, I'm not dead, just had some personal issues to deal with... :(

I've only gotten one ship done, the Tallie and have been looking at retexturing and updetailing the fighters. :)

Looks good! The important thing is that you're back to work on Wing Commander stuff!

Back