Skinning Cats

Wedge009

Rogue Leader
My brother wants to know why Decoy is scripted to eject after the initial battle. I noticed this myself, but I didn't realise it was scripted. Is it so Squealer is free to join Bradshaw?

(I don't think any of the above really needs a spoiler warning...)

Well, yeah, it's so that the player doesn't have too many Sabres with him, and also to highlight that for Squealer, it's as personal as for Bradshaw.

(...too bad this effect was spoiled by Squealer's disappearance - instead of the line written for this occasion, he ended up saying one of the generic lines recorded back during episode two)

Well his callsign is Decoy :)

He does do a great job of keeping a few Gothri off the Firekka for a few minutes though before riding the chair.

Heh, you can never have too many Sabres.

Seriously, though, was there no other way to attach Squealer to Bradshaw's wing and leave Decoy alone? I thought Decoy kept ejecting because he was too stupid to avoid crashing into everyone else!

Honestly, I don't remember my thought processes :p. I imagine I probably had a reason that at the very least seemed good at the time :p.

Speaking of which, I wonder why
the killboard shows Spoons as an "Active" pilot after that incident and why ship reports have become so sporadic in Ep. 4....

Yeah, the killboard slipped by us, but it's been fixed for Ep 5.

As for the ship reports, yes, Wedge is right.

Back