Simulator implementation

Too bad there isn't a GenericLanding...

BTW, what's the 'Accel Chamber' weapon? The Sabre (filename 'sabre') has it and it does nothing... I wonder what's the filename of the Sabre from Standoff E1 (which had normal weapons). Too damn bad Treman doesn't run under my XP (and according to the reactions here on the forums, under my XP only) :mad: .

And another note, Standoff runs fine with my modified missions, it just resumes at the scramble mission to defend the Lionheart after I eject in my mission. But you're possibly right about the savegames. I haven't tried if it continues further.

The Accel Chamber is an unused weapon from Secret Ops. I'm not entirely sure why the sabre claims to have it, given that we have no intention of introducing any additional guns in Standoff, and especially not unused guns from 2681 :p.

Hmm, I'm pretty sure the Sabres we use don't have any weird weapons, we would have noticed (I hope :p).

(On a side note, I'm back after a 2 day absence... and my inbox has 96 unread non-spam messages :( )

Sabres

In fact, the sabre (Obj: "sabre") has only two weapons: PlsParticle and Accel Chamber. Only the PlsParticle shoots. Yeah, in your story missions, the Sabre had normal weapons... You don't have another version of it there, have you? I mean a obj filename different from just sabre. In fact, I did a ShipID list and there are three versions of Sabres in standoff, two of which work (I know the obj filename of just one, though) and the third one (sabre_bt.iff) isn't implemented yet. And BTW, the Epee certainly isn't "epee.iff". What is it? I know it's there (it's in the object viewer). And there are actually two Kilrathi fighters (the Gothri and the new Vatari). There's also WCSO's Dralthi, but the HUD shows it's a Krant and it isn't there for spawning functions (it will work with obj: "dralthi", though, the HUD will tell you it's a Krant, but the model shows okay).

This is probably the way how Standoff weapons transfer into SO: Particle Cannons become P(u)ls(e) Particle guns, Mass Drivers become Accel(eration) Chambers.

Dark Angel said:
In fact, the sabre (Obj: "sabre") has only two weapons: PlsParticle and Accel Chamber. Only the PlsParticle shoots. Yeah, in your story missions, the Sabre had normal weapons... You don't have another version of it there, have you?
We have dozens of versions of the Sabre, but obviously the weapons on any given ship will be wrong if you take the ship and use it outside Standoff.

Dark Angel said:
And BTW, the Epee certainly isn't "epee.iff". What is it? I know it's there (it's in the object viewer). And there are actually two Kilrathi fighters (the Gothri and the new Vatari). There's also WCSO's Dralthi, but the HUD shows it's a Krant and it isn't there for spawning functions (it will work with obj: "dralthi", though, the HUD will tell you it's a Krant, but the model shows okay).
You're clearly doing something wrong. :p The Epee is epee.iff, the Wraith is wraith.iff, most Kilrathi fighters are in there, there's no WCSO files whatsoever in any of our TREs, and the files which we do have in our TREs all work properly. :)

As a rule of thumb... if it looks like we did a sloppy job on something, you're the one doing something wrong. :D

Sorry Eder, I really didn't mean it that way...

It seems to work fine now... I must have misspelled something...

And about the Kilrathi ships... How? Could you give me a list, please? Just to be sure when it's me and when they really aren't there? I've checked it using a mission with a spawn function (the function works, tested) to which I've been feeding numbers, recording the ship names, and the only Kilrathi fighters which didn't give me an error (that it can't find the .iff) were the Gothri and the Vatari. I'd really like to know where I'm making the mistake, because it must be me somehow...

And BTW, it wouldn't mean you did a sloppy job, there are no Kilrathi fighters except the Gothri in the Prologue... I'd say it'd be a nice bonus if they were there.

And a last note: I'm not using it outside Standoff - I'm replacing stp_m1.mis with my mission and I always delete the saves, so there should be no problems there... And I run Standoff.exe to play the mission, so I hope that doesn't count as 'outside Standoff'? Thanks for your help.

Dark Angel said:
Sorry Eder, I really didn't mean it that way...
Eh, no prob.

Dark Angel said:
It seems to work fine now... I must have misspelled something...
Keep in mind some stuff in this engine is case sensitive. Dunno if that has anything to do with what you're trying to do or not, but it's worth mentioning.

Dark Angel said:
And about the Kilrathi ships... How? Could you give me a list, please?
Actually, seems like you're right. I removed the mesh files, but not the ship files, that was why I was under the impression the ships were there. The only Kilrathi ships which have all their files in there are the Gothri, Vatari, and fighter loadout Gothri (gothrif.iff)

Dark Angel said:
And BTW, it wouldn't mean you did a sloppy job, there are no Kilrathi fighters except the Gothri in the Prologue... I'd say it'd be a nice bonus if they were there.
I seem to have removed the mesh files and kept the ship files to keep the download size smaller (mesh files are like 100kb to 500kb per ship, while ship files are 1kb or so).

Dark Angel said:
And a last note: I'm not using it outside Standoff - I'm replacing stp_m1.mis with my mission and I always delete the saves, so there should be no problems there... And I run Standoff.exe to play the mission, so I hope that doesn't count as 'outside Standoff'? Thanks for your help.
You gotta be doing something wrong. :p If you were using all the files from Standoff, you shouldn't even see the "Accel Chamber" text used anywhere (and the weapon certainly shouldn't behave like SO's Accel Chamber, ie: not fire). Make sure there are no other files in any subfolders except your mission, and if that doesn't work, try reinstalling Standoff... you might've deleted something you shouldn't or corrupted a file or something.

If you're just replacing a mission, everything should work. We didn't leave any unfinished or broken files in the release package. Ships which were still unfinished at the time were removed and will be in the second episode's TREs.

Thanks, I'm looking forward to playing E2! :D . Do you plan on including the rest of the cockpits (e.g. the Epee, the Talon, the Stiletto etc.)? If yes, it's another reason why to look forward to E2... Thanks for the great work!

Thanks for the tip with the subfolders :) . I thought it might be something like that, I just wanted to know for sure (heck, I began editing Standoff the day I asked you about the name of the missions, so it's no wonder I'm not the best editor around :D ). Is everything for Standoff inside the TRE files? I guess that it is, though, you wouldn't put the first line in the config file in if it wasn't.

I guess you aren't planning on releasing a Kilrathi mesh pack for modders, are you? Well, I guess I'll stick with the pirates and the 2 ships present, then... Thanks for the tip on gothrif.iff - I didn't even know it exists.

Dark Angel said:
Thanks, I'm looking forward to playing E2! :D . Do you plan on including the rest of the cockpits (e.g. the Epee, the Talon, the Stiletto etc.)?
Only if/when I have enough time for that kind of gimmick. That means not in E2... maybe in another episode, or maybe never (The Stiletto already has a cockpit, though ;)).

Dark Angel said:
Is everything for Standoff inside the TRE files? I guess that it is, though, you wouldn't put the first line in the config file in if it wasn't.
Yup, everything is in the TREs.

Dark Angel said:
I guess you aren't planning on releasing a Kilrathi mesh pack for modders, are you?
No, as I said before, my priority is releasing a game. :p

Hi all!
What did you say of simulator in SO?
And where can I download it now?
I had it years ago, but had somehow lost the files for the episodes...
And now all I have - is just the first pack...
So please please pretty please - would you help a poor russian fan?
Where are those later missions for SO now? And what of simulator for SO?

Go to www.wcnews.com and just look around. It won't take long to find what you are looking for. You can also just search the news archive and a few minutes will be in good shape.

Back